It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User
Blah Blah....

Well friends.... I've been meaning to sit and write this thread all night.... Don't think it's gonna happen right now though. I was actuaally feeling 'decent' earlier on this evening....had a great dinner (had a roast cooking all day in the crock pot...mmm.....), then the kids and I attempted to spread some holiday joy through the house....we all gathered in the kitchen and made 4 or 5 dozen homemade christmas cookies. It ended up being kinda 'blah' though....it got us all talking and reminiscing about other christmasses, and then the crappy sadness began to set in....ugh. God they dont deerve this. Besides the fact that I'm only running on one cylinder right about now....considering I've been up since around 4:30 am Wednesday morning. I think the closer the days inch towards Christmas, the more bummed I get.

Anyway.... I'll sit and post everything that I was gonna say tonight, tomorrow morning over coffee. Believe me, I have a bunch to say too.

Hope everyone is doing good tonight....or at least as good a can be expected.

And guys....thanks again. Thanks for just being there and listening to me vent. You all mean the world to me, really you do.

tat*

Old 12-14-2007, 01:01 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: Blah Blah....

hang in there bud - thought we'd lost you for a while.

i'll be back later to check on you mate,

as i said in another post - dont make me come over there on my penny farthing and track you/run you down

c u soon

yoos22

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Re: Blah Blah....

Good afternoon Gents!

Yoss, you make me laugh - again! Haha, thank you. I always get a chuckle when I read your threads/posts

Tat, just want to tell you what I did with my daughter this morning...

Every year, since my first daughter, Emily, was born, we head to downtown Toronto at Christmas time. "City TV" is a very popular Tv/radio station here in Toronto. Every year, they organize a "Christmas Wish Foundation" where you can go downtown and drop off a toy for a boy or girl...

Even when Emily was only four months old (her first Christmas), we'd head downtown to drop off two toys (one for a girl and one for a boy). Now she's five, and recognizes what we do. She gets very excited to bring toys for those less fortunate.

A couple days ago, I had a talk with her and told her about a friend of mine online, who has six kids and can't give them the kind of Christmas he'd like to. I explained that not everyone has the opportunity to spend lots of money.

About 10 minutes later, Emily came out of her room with a handfull of money (from her piggy bank) and said "Mommy, I want to use all my money and go buy presents for your friends kids." I was absolutely moved. I had tears in my eyes, and was just so proud of her.

Anyhow, I'm rambling lol. So...yesterday, Emily and I headed out to Walmart (with her money from her piggy bank) and shopped for toys. I wasn't sure how many boys/girls you had, so I told her to just pick six presents that she thought a child would like She picked them out, was so happy doing it, and we took them home.

You can't wrap the toys that are sent to the "Christmas Wish Foundation" so we put them in a big bag and hopped on the streetcar this morning. We made the trip downtown, went into the CityTV building and dropped them off. There was a manager from the station standing nearby, who approached us after Emily put all the presents in the bins. He asked what they were all for - Emily explained to him about "Mommy's friend who doesn't have alot of money to buy for his six children." She told him about the money from her piggy bank, and that she used "her" money to buy the presents. This guy was just as moved as I was

Sorry for rambling, but there was alot to explain lol. I know those specific presents won't get to your children, however its the thought that counts. I learned something out of this, as did Emily. I was so impressed with her. While we were shopping, NOT ONCE did she ask for a present for herself.

I wish there was a way that we could send you something, Tat, but its not possible, so I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your children, we'll be thinking of you all

Much love and hugs,
emsmom (K)

Closed Thread