It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
(male)

repoman75 HB User
Using ZOFRAN or COMPAZINE to treat nausea during heroin withdraw?

Has anyone on these boards had any experience w/ using the medications ZOFRAN or COMPAZINE (suppositories) to treat nausea during withdraw?

Did it help any? I am planning to kick my 5 to 6 bag a day H habit (for good, so help me God) starting next Thursday (Jan 10th- absolutely dreading it). The last time I tried to kick was an absolute nightmare- hardcore vomiting/retching every 15-20 minutes for 48 hours (felt like my stomach had a hole in it from the acid/repeated vomiting), unbelievable aches in back and legs (down to the bone), and the other usual stuff- sweats, diarrhea, restlessness, delirium, twitching, exhaustion, etc, etc. Funny thing is that I have been using H nasally over the last 6 months and the withdraw seems worse in some ways than when I was injecting… guess it all depends on the dose.

WARNING- I don’t recommend anyone trying either of these medications- Compazine can cause severe allergic reactions (seizures) in persons who have never had seizures.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User
Re: Using ZOFRAN or COMPAZINE to treat nausea during heroin withdraw?

Repo --- I used Compazine after surgery for nausea and now know I have "dystonic reactions" to it. I thought I was having a seizures because I kept clenching my teeth and talking like Thurston Howell the Third. I had to put a water bottle in between my teeth to keep from gnashing my teeth. When I got to the ER, the admitting clerk pissily thought I was having an anxiety attack!

Thankfully the oldtime ER doc had seen a case like mine and hit me with Benadryl. Then all was good.

Hope that info helps...I've never used for withdrawal nausea but nausea is nausea...

good luck, keep moving forward,
Droopy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: Using ZOFRAN or COMPAZINE to treat nausea during heroin withdraw?

I've used Zofran for nausea, but not during w/ drawal. I can tell you it's extremely expensive because it works, and if you have good insurance, then there's nothing to worry about. But it's very expensive. I don't know if you know anything about it, but it's what they give Chemo patients for nausea. I can honestly tell you it's like gold. It works with no side effects. I took it when I was pregnant and had a severe case of vomiting.. couldn't keep anything down. Good luck to you.. I hope you can beat this.. stay strong!

g8trgrl

Closed Thread