It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
(male)

SuchAnAddict HB User
What else can I expect?

I have been coming off oxycodone for about four days. I had been using for approx. three months. I started with morphine and then moved to oxycontin all during progression of a family members cancer. Toward the end I was taking well over a hundred milligrams of oxycontin a day. (6-8 x 20mg tablets) at first i was just taking the pills and enjoying the boost in mood and having happy thoughts. By the time of my family members death I had become hopelessly addicted to the drugs and was crushing and snorting 40mg at a time. I knew all along that the day would come that the access to the drugs would go away and that I would have to stop. That came very suddenly as the progression of the cancer put my family member in a state where they could not take pills and then they died within one week. I had hoarded all that I could in the last weeks of the illness and then, like an addict, binged all through the funeral and Christmas. I had read all about tapering and used the last of the stuff for several days, breaking the 20mg tablets into three pieces, the two ends and a larger center piece, taking the first in the morning another in the middle of the day and the larger piece at night. I have been out now for four days and am experiencing withdrawl symptoms such as sweats, restlesness, constant broken hearted feelings, and crying. I am just curious how long to expect these things to continue and what else I might expect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User
Re: What else can I expect?

Well Addict my friend....just read thru these posts and you wil probably find ALL the symptoms and information you are looking for thru other people's stories. If you are in fact at day 4, you're alllllmost outta the woods. Well, as an addict you will NEVER be outta the woods, but you're nearing the end of the WORST of the w/d's. The worst part is usually the first 7 or 8 days. You'll have the sweats, the poops, the restless legs, some nausea, and oh yeah.....the depression. You say you cry....well, get some tissues. You'll probably cry A LOT in the next few weeks. At anything....the drop of a hat. Luckiy for you, you weren't using for all that long, so maybe you will be able to recover fully. Hell I was using over 500mg's a day, and I got thru it.....so hopefully you'll be fine.

But anyway....good luck to you my friend. Stop in and keep us up to date on how you're doing....one thing that's for sure - it definately helps to sit and read posts and reply t some as well. It's good for the mind.

All the best.

tat*

Closed Thread