It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

Winnie31 HB User
Starting Over Again

I'm back and startin over again. All my pills are gone this time and I have five left. I'm going to taper a little hopfully that will help some. I hate this so much... just knowing what I'm going to go through the next week or so makes me so scared. It's like a never ending merry go round...... I want off.

Winniw

Old 01-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
(female)

Lisa62 HB User
Re: Starting Over Again

Winnie,

I am in the same boat as you and am starting today. HATE it but it must be done. Whatever gets you through the first week, do it. I had tapered down to 3 or 4 vicodin a day but it will still be tough. I am sending good strong thoughts your way.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Thanks and same to you. Keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same.

Winnie

Old 01-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

mano2008 HB User

One mental thing i have done that helps me is to tell myself I have the flu...I've got it bad, but I WILL be better in a week or two...and treat yourself like you have the flu...rest all you can, drink lots of fluids, take Advil (works beter than tylenol for wd), chichen noodle soup, immodium AD...all of it. For the restless legs a hot bath and some leg stretches before bed helps. And "the flu" is the perfect excuse for everyone else you have to deal with.

Good vibes to you both, and everyone else trying....which is probably thousands of people, with it being a new year!

mano

Old 01-08-2008, 03:07 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie31 View Post
just knowing what I'm going to go through the next week or so makes me so scared. It's like a never ending merry go round...... I want off.

Winniw
Winnie,

Try taking it one day at a time.

You already know what is ahead to expect.

Just for today,attempt to start with a positive attitude and know that you are not alone.

Phoenix

Old 01-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

You're all over this Winnie. You've been there before, and you KNOW what to expect, and it seems like this time may be the last for you. I hope for your sake that it is. We've all been down that road of coming clean, relapsing, coming clean again, relapsing again.....and it sucks. Why do we do it to ourselves? It's the addict in all of us, that's why. You also know that this place is the best place to be while going thru this....man, I think I would have lost it if I hadn't found these boards.

Keep posting....keep reading....and keep posting. You'll be amazed at how much it truly DOES help.

Good luck to you friend....and God bless. This IS possible - you know it is.

tat*

Old 01-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Today is a bad day suffering from restlessness, achiness, etc. Right now I'm not looking forward at all to going home and having kids, husband, homework, etc to deal with. Yes, I'm still able to do all these things...becuae I have to. I know that I will pull through and make it through these withdrawl's .. the cravings will be my biggest struggle. I'm going to need all the support from you guys bcuz it's all I have. I need all of you!!!!

Winnie

Old 01-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Winnie,
We're all here for you.. just hang in there. I've decreased my suboxone and I also have to let go of the sleeping crutch and I wish the anxiety medicine, but the further I get into tapering the more anxiety I have. So I know about the anxiety, you just have to try to take things one hour at a time. I SO know what you mean about going home to kids, husband, & homework.. I have the same thing.. and it's not that I don't love it, it's just right now it's so hard going through this transition, I sort of wish I just had me to take care of. But we do what must be done. I'll keep you in my prayers..

g8trgrl

Old 01-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie31 View Post
Right now I'm not looking forward at all to going home and having kids, husband, homework, etc to deal with.

I'm still able to do all these things. I know that I will pull through and make it through these withdrawl's .

Winnie
Winnie,

Look at the first sentence as a blessing; a way to occupy your time and at the very least, a sort of distraction. Without them leaves idleness and they say that it is "the red pitchfork mans" workshop.

The second sentence is oozing with positivity (I wonder who typed that? ).

Keep your eyes on the prize.

Phoenix

Old 01-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Thanks Guys!! I love my family dearly but when I get home from work it's complete caous.. it does keep me distracted for sure. Right now the pain and depression are setting in and I just want to crawl into bed and sleep but as all of you know you can't sleep just toss & turn.. total hell!!!!! but I always think of what Yoss say's ..... Keep on keepin on ........ buy the way where is he???????????

Winnie

Old 01-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

You know, I was wondering the same thing!! Yoss man, where you be??????

Closed Thread