It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

Winnie31 HB User
Not Doing Good

Today is just getting started and I feel like crap already. I feel like I'm carring around a ton of bricks in my body, tired, achy, and restless. I know that this is the withdrawl process and I have to endure all these things. The days seem so long even though I work all day and home at night is really busy until kids go to bed at 8:30. I have the rest of the evening to myself and pretty much all night and then I do it again the next day. I'm struggling to maintain myself I just want to give in.

Winnie

Old 01-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Re: Not Doing Good

hey winnie --That is always a prob for me too --Seems like the days just blend sometime --so I had to force myself to switch it up a bit. I have a NO TV night, game night, movie night (my fav) and I even try and work out at night a few times. This breaks the dat to day depressive stuff. Try it. better yet--FORCE IT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
(female)

redrockrag HB User

Hang in there. I am not even as far as you but I have done this a lot so when I am where you are I try and tell myself "why am I so aware of how I feel all the time?" Get a little angry. Try and think of something else. Before all of this I was not so aware of every ache and pain. Move around, take a walk. Play some good music and try and swing your arms and try a little dance. Sing a little song. Get a sense of humor and take a look at yourself if only for a minute. Take the power from that. Remember it is day to day. Don't go into tomorrow. Moment to moment. Clean a drawer, arrange pants, shoes. Look at picture. Try Su***o, those puzzles in the paper (I hate those but people love them.) Try and love yourself and know that this is for your kids. Love your kids. I live alone and think sometimes the pills are all about that. Whatever. This is about YOU. Take care, you are a beautiful being and taking a stand and making an effort is admirable.
Rocky Girl

Old 01-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

mano2008 HB User

I find it helps to take Advil every 4 hours for the aches, and if you can force yourself to go for a walk, that typically has a good calming effect, and is good for loosening up those tense muscles....Then a long soak in a hot bath before bed helps too...Hang in there and remember this is only temporary.

And when you do have those thoughts of using, think the whole thing through..."play the tape to the end" and remember what using again will lead to.

Feel better soon!!

mano

Old 01-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #5
(female)

Lisa62 HB User

Winnie,
I am on Day 3 and I understand. But remember that this too, shall pass. These days of crap are pretty short compared to the full life that you want. Isn't it worth the pain to be FREE of it all? Go on a walk, take a bath....whatever gets you through because do you want to have to do this
AGAIN? I know I don't. Cowboy up, Winnie. I am trying to think of my body purging all the bad I have done to it and that it is just trying to heal itself. I am sorry if this sounds brutal but there is no other way to get through it than to go through that first crap week. It does suck but keep the big picture in mind, a life free of this feeling. Hang tough.

Lisa

Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

I'm hanging in there... but right now it's rough. Full withdrawls are starting to kick in and I want to stay strong because i know it will pass.. but getting through this is hell on earth. I can't beleive I would put my body through all of this again & again knowing exactley what I will go through. How sad!!

Winnie

Old 01-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Winnie, why don't you get something to help you through this time? There's a lot of medicine out there that can help you through this. anxiety, immodium, etc. Look at the home detox plan if you haven't looked at it before. There's no use suffering if you don't have to...

Best wishes,
g8trgrl

Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 AM   #8
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Well so far today I have been up since 3:00 this morning and did a bunch of house work that way I don't have to come home to a messy house. Not as achy so far but really restless. Last night I went to the tanning bed ...I know a lot of people hate them but the heat was wonderful on my muscles I actually relaxed for about ten minutes and felt pretty good afterwards. I did get some sleep about 3 1/2 housrs but that's more than the night before. I'm pushing forward day by day it my only choice.

Winnie

Old 01-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
(female)

scrappingmami HB User

winnie I am wondering how you are doing today, hope you are well. Happy thoughts coming your way!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

keep it up winnie! we're waiting to give you a big cheer when you cross that finishing line
You can do it - one day at a time, just keep focused on the good life that lies ahead.

rooting for you winn

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Last edited by Yossarian22; 01-12-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Closed Thread