It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User
another go at it.

I'm not going to do a long winded thread here,but just wanted to say that I havent been here cause I've been still using,same old same old.I havent been coming here because of this.

I'm going to have another go at it.I'm tired.

jerry.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Re: another go at it.

hey Jerry --welcome back. I am still here and going strong. There IS a light my friend. You seemed so happy at your decision before x-mas, but I knew you would be back. That stuff just eats at you. I hope you see it now. You can never get out if you still use

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

You and I are in the same boat. I went back to my old ways during the holidays and now i'm paying for it. I was over all the horrible withdrawls and now i'm going through them again. How stupid!!! My poor body has been through hell and all I can think of are those evil pills. This is probably the hardest thing that I have ever had to endure but I want my life back. I refuse to give in this time, it's time to end it. Jump on board with me it's always nice to know others are in the same boat and are here for support.

Winnie

Old 01-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

captnanny HB User

Good to see you back Jerry. Just keep trying, it is such a hard thing to do I know. I am still tapering. It will be a while. It is one of the hardest things I have done. I keep going though even when I want to quit. I can feel something inside that wants me to be happier. I just can't figure it out yet. I'm sure you will try again, maybe get farther along this time. Just don't leave us, even if you relapse we all have and want to support you. So let us know how your doing ok?
MP

Old 01-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Hey Jerry.... Very good to see you my brother - just wish it was under better circumstances. =\

Give me some details Jer.... Did you jump right back in, or just a 'little slip'? And as always, I'm here for ya my friend....we all are...you know that. You CAN do it Bro....you KNOW you can....you have before. I know it's tough, but the end result is soooo worth it. But you already know all that....

Touch base Brother....fill me/us in - and hang in there!

tat*

Old 01-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Hello all,
Welcome back Jerry..
Captn, something you've been saying has made me understand something. A lot of reasons addicts use and keep going back to using is because they are trying to fill a void in their life. MP, that seems to be the problem for you and a lot of others, including me. I read your other post and I so know what you mean. Fear is a very real and big thing that gets in the way. For a while, and still happens sometimes, I get anxiety or scared when it's time to go home and face kids, supper, homework, etc. Because I never did it w/ out the pills before. So it's like you have to learn to live again sober and do things a different way. That's why it's so terrifying. The void is even harder to fill. That's why people will tell you to find a hobby, go to meetings, occupy your time.. so you can try to fill the void left by the pills with something positive. lol... easier said than done. huh?

Old 01-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

no probs jerry - come back when u need to mate. we'll still be here. and dont beat yourself up. if giving up was so easy - there wouldnt be a board like this.

take care and ahng in there

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
(female)

donewithvics HB User

Jerry...I'm with you honey. I WANT to use vics again, but I just don't have any...otherwise, I would be EXACTLY Where you are. You know the drill so just keep on keepin on as best you can. We're here for you...I was here for you before...just a different name...and now I'm still sittin at my puter, hoping to find some comfort here again....come back...talk about it. We love you.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:26 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Thanks for your support,folks.
I just dont want to be the guy who cries wolf,you know,quitting and then using and then quitting and then using...eventually people give up on you...
I have pretty much given up the oxycontins...I have been using the same vicodans/lortabs that I was weaning myself off of the oxycontins with.Now this is a much lower dose pill than the oxycontins that I was using heavily b4,but there is still no excuse for me to be on them...still.
My problem is the weaning off thing.I hate the withdrawls.Always living on the edge of withdrawl.God,does that suck.
I need to do this.I just cant seem to wean off properly.If I have them I use them.I just need to get thru those first 4-6 days....I need to stick to a plan...

Old 01-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

if you did a 'pop quiz' jerry and asked everyone on here "how many attempts have you made at giving up?" i think you'd be surprised by the answer. i used to give up every day - no joke. just keep plodding on jerry - it'll happen. hang in there mate

yoss

keep on keepin on

Old 01-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Hey Jer.... I think I pretty-much speak for ALL of us when I say we would never give up on you. Man, if everyone gave up on me with all the slips I made, I'd be awful lonely right about now.

So now worries Brother - we're here....we all are. Step up, do what ya gotta do, and we'll be right here next to ya every step of the way.

Hang in Bro....and be strong.

tat*

BTW....How's the weather up there?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:51 AM   #12
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

I'm down to just a few? 4? Vic 750's a day.
I guess this is way better than snorting the oxys like I was,but we all know it still opiates in yer system,and opiates are opiates are opiates....
Took my last 3 this morning.Dont have any more.Guess I'm gonna just go for it.Again.
Maybe the wd's wont be as bad as b4.I know I need to do it,tho.I can never stick to a taper.If I have em I use em.
I know the wd's were bad from the oxycontins.It cant be as bad from stupid vicodans,can it?

peace.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:52 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

btw,tat,yoss,donewithvics,all...thanks for being here,and great big hugs.
jerry.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #14
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Tat,in reply to the weather,its snow snow snow...more than ever...and another foot today during the day...did alot of snowmobiling with the wife and kids this weekend...good times man.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

man i'm soooo jealous! - we got 2 inces of snow about a week ago - it lasted 6 hrs then it was gone!!
Hey jerry - just keep plodding on - you cant rush recovery - you've already come a long way. dont forget that.

yoss

Closed Thread