It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
(female)

colmfan HB User
night sweats with chills

I am new to this board but I am experiencing something very weird. By most of my symptoms I am in the throws of menopause. I have been on birth control pills for about 4 months now to try and balance out the rollercoaster ride my hormones are on.

I am also on day 3 of AF and feel this might be a symptom of withdrawl.

The lastest symptom tho is just weird. In the last week 3 nights I have woken up soaking from sweat from the waist down and chilled to the bone from the waist up. I got up and put on another PJ top and grabbed another blanket to wrap up in and pulled my duvet up above my waist and left my legs dangling in the open. Sorry if thats TMI

Has ANYONE ever had these 2 things occur at the same time?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
(female)

HappyFlower HB User
Re: night sweats with chills

Forgive me, but is AF alcohol free? I am not good with all the "board lingo"...man I feel old.

If is is alcohol free, my husband experienced this to some degree. He woke up soaking wet....so much so that we had to change the sheets several times-including the matress pad. But, he was also freezing. He would say he was hot and cold at the same time. Maybe you are chilled on your upper half because it is more "open" to air? It is chilled because your lower half is sweating and wet?? Did leaving your legs out help?

I hope whatever it is goes away...it doesn't sound fun.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
(male)

fitz31 HB User
Cool Re: night sweats with chills

Colmfan, How long were you drinking for,what were you drinking and how much a day?These answers will help all of us to help you.sweating when you sleep is part of alcoholism and doe`s not end the day you stop drinking . After you consume alcohol it is coverted to a simple sugar in the body, and sugar gives you a rush even though you`re sleeping that can cause profuse sweating. Another clinical reason for extreme sweating when sleeping is called "night terrors" these are terrible thoughts and dreams you cannot remember when you wake up but still cause sweating. Talk to a doctor about your life style and stop drinking, alcohol related deaths are #1 in my opinion as the cause of one`s death.Alcohol is a toxin and is not fit for human consumption, again my opinion, it causes the most automotive related deaths, mouth.throat,liver,kidney,stomach cancers etc, need I continue.So many lives cut short for a short high.peace.fitz."Doin whats gotta get done".

Old 01-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
(female)

colmfan HB User
Re: night sweats with chills

Yes AF is Alcohol Free. This started when I stopped. I have been a "problem drinker" since about May. Long story of the theory why--menopause and alcohol craving among them. I craved red wine.... DO not drink every day but when I do I can consume as much as 2 bottles.

Closed Thread