It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ilovejoaquim HB User
i'm back!

hi everybody, long time no talk huh?
I miss coming here but I told myself I wouldn't come back unless I found somewhat of good news to share.
I am not completely off of pain killers but i'm getting better tho.
I worked my way down from oxycontin to oxycodone. I went down to taking 20-40mgs a day of oxycontin and worked my way down to oxycodone now. Percoset is easier for me to withdrawl from than the OC's.
I take about 20mgs a day of percoset and I am aiming to cut back to 10mgs the most eventually.

Slowly but surely I am making progress. Not necessarily at the speed I was hoping to but at least i'm getting there.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User
Re: i'm back!

Good for you - and welcome back!! Hopefully thid time around will work for you....I'm in your corner!! By now you probably pretty-much know what needs to be done - and what to expect, so maybe it'll be a little easier for you this time around.

Good luck....and post often....it really is good for the mind.

tat*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

captnanny HB User

Yay I am so glad you came back!!
I was a little upset over the way you left, but it sounds like you have yourself a solid plan. It is hard to do. I know you've struggled a long time over how to quit, and what will happen. I think you know all that by now. It's not gonna be easy, still isn't for me, but I cling to hope and hope you will too. I am in your corner right there with tat, who by the way hasn't been talking to me hint hint Tat. hah.
Anyway, so glad to see you back and cutting down, tapering whatever it is we call it. Keep it up, slow and steady. Doing it slowly is helping me, I can't say it's a breeze, just read my recent posts. Or don't you might get too scared.
Keep posting!!!
Capt

Old 01-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ilovejoaquim HB User

yeah i think when i left i was just super upset and dissapointed in myself that i didnt feel i was even "good enough" to come back so i told myself i'm not going to come back untill i do something about this addiction. I am not all the way there yet but I am seeing improvement. It was tough to stop buying the OC's and I told the person to never sell me anymore so it's been a few weeks since I had any and now i'm buying percs but I "personally believe" that OC's are a much more dangerous addiction that percs are. OCs are much stronger and last longer and have longer lasting affects on the body, they changed my moods and gave me lots of hot/cold flashes when it would wear off.
But the high off of percs only last about 20 minutes and therefore i'm not as high as much as I use to be.
So slowly but surely i'm making some kind of progress and i'm doing it without help.
I hope to someday say I did this on my own and one day look back and this and be so disgusted with myself and wonder why the hell I even started taking them.
One day soon.

Closed Thread