It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

Lisa62 HB User
What's up, Winnie?

I hope you are doing well and every day that goes by we are getting better. I have started taking supplements.....L-Tyrosine NOT Vicodin. I hope your aches and pains are getting better and that you are feeling stronger. I am still inlimbo on that but am looking forward to the day that I don't feel 125 years old. Just checking in.....take care.

Lisa

Old 01-14-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
(female)

Winnie31 HB User
Re: What's up, Winnie?

Hey Lisa!!

How was your weekend? Mine went pretty well, getting better day by day. I guess the hardest part for me now is staying busy. My husband & I invited a few friends over and played cards which we haven't did in YEARS it brought good times back. So how are you feeling? What is Tyrosine? Are you still withdrawing? Let me know?

Hugs
Winnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
(female)

scrappingmami HB User

Winnie I was just thinking about you and hoping you are doing well. It sounds like your determination has been wonderful and I am rooting for you!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Hi there!!

Yes I still am determined to make it. As days go by it does get better day by day sometimes its hard to see it though when you are withdrawing...but there is a light at the end and I'm starting to see it. How are you doing? Are you tapering from the Oxy's?

Winnie

Old 01-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
(female)

scrappingmami HB User

Hi Winnie so glad to hear you are doing so great! Yes, I am taperin, using 1/2 of a 10 mg twice a day, then on Saturday I am going to go to 1/3 twice a day. Have been feeling pretty good, but have a hard time sleeping and my back pain is showing its ugly head! I go see the dr tomorrow (the one who did the surgery) so am anxious to see what he has to say. I took an ugly fall on Sunday, landing flat on my face, but seem to be ok from that, but I jsut need his assurance that all is well. I am up to walking 10 minutes a day, but have to do it indoors as my ashtma really acts up in the cold or heat. We are planning o n buying a treadmill when taxes come back, so that should help. anyway, glad to hear you are doing so well! Hugs, Tina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie31 View Post
Hi there!!

Yes I still am determined to make it. As days go by it does get better day by day sometimes its hard to see it though when you are withdrawing...but there is a light at the end and I'm starting to see it. How are you doing? Are you tapering from the Oxy's?

Winnie

Old 01-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Winnie!

I just read this thread and am so excited to hear you had friends over to play cards. "ATTA GIRL, WINNIE!!!"

These are the kinds of things to do. Yesiree, Bob, they sure are. Chuckles. What a wonderful step to take. The pleasure felt from that activity is a real helper to "brain healing."

Keep that determination strong, Friend. You are making it happen.

Love
reach

Old 01-17-2008, 02:40 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

Go Winnie - Go Winnie - Go Winnie!

I've got a nice shiny 'Winners' medal waiting right here for you

keep on keepin on

you too scrappingmami - you're doing brilliantly!!

hope y'all are refresshed after a couple o days holiday

yoss

"In sleep a king, but, waking, no such matter”

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 01-17-2008, 06:44 AM   #8
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Hi everyone !!!

How's everybody's Thursday been going?

Scrappingmami - Great job with the taper!! Let us know how your doctors appt went - hopefully no harm done by that fall!! Sounds like your doing great keep it up!!

Reach - Hey girl!! So far I pretty proud of myself!! I know it's only day eight but I feel something diffrent about this time. How is everything going with you? I know you had some ruff things coming up..everything ok?

Yoss - Hey there buddy!! How Are you? When I make it to the finish line I will be expecting my medal

Hugs to all
Winnie

Closed Thread