It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
(female)

erika webb HB User
suboxone withdrawls

What can I expect with withdrawls from suboxone and for how long should I expect to feel them. I am on day 11 and feel worse today then ever.....

Old 01-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
(female)

rozetat2 HB User
Re: suboxone withdrawls

Hey there
How long have you been on the sub and what mg did you jump from? Are you taking any kind of medication or supplements to help you through this? I am so stuck on this suboxone its eating me alive. Im finally going to give the sub to my husband so he can dole it out to me and I dont go up in dose. I have to get the ball rolling. I can give you info based on my friends who have jumped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
(female)

erika webb HB User

have been on about 8 mil per day for about 2 years. I am not taking anything else but p.m.s to sleep

Old 01-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hang in there erika - it shouldnt be too long before you start to feel better gradually. i have taken sub and tapered down on it - but never gone cold turkey from it - i have come off methadone recently and it took about 2 weeks for things to start to look up slightly - after a month i was feeling a hell of a lot better. just keep going and focus on the fact that you are now DOING it!!! and its not that far off in the grand scale of things.

keep on keepin on erika - you're doing better than you probably feel - also search the boards for people who have posted some tips on how to make yourself more comfartable during your W/D's

yoss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 01-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

mano2008 HB User

Erika, you didn't stop taking suboxone at 8 mg did you?? I sure hope not. What's the deal??....and then maybe I can give you some advice.

mano

Old 01-14-2008, 05:52 AM   #6
(female)

rozetat2 HB User

erika
What mg did you jump off of?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
(female)

erika webb HB User

Does anyone know what (if anything) can help me with my WDs that isn't medication???

Old 01-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
(female)

erika webb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozetat2 View Post
erika
What mg did you jump off of?

about .25

Old 01-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

mano2008 HB User

Erica,

0.25 mg a day is perfect to jump off at...You scared me in your 1st post...I thought maybe you stopped at 8 mg, and that would be trouble!!!

I'll tell you exactly what you need to do...and it's probably the very last thing you want to do, but you need exercise, for starters. Your brains recovery is just starting now, that you are finally off of all opiates. Your natural endorphin production hasn't yet begun to start working properly, and exercise is the easiest way to do that. start off with a walk...1 mile, whcih takes about 18 minutes or less....go 2 miles if you can. The idea is to exercise to the point you break a sweat.

Take Advil every 4 hours if you're achey. Drink LOTS of water to hydrate yourself and flush your system.

Acupuncture can help this process along very well also, with a competent doctor.

Keeping busy is very helpful too...find things to keep you busy, especially if you aren't working.

You are doing things right....you tapered down very low dose, and now you have to hang on and let the healing begin. You should start to have some good days, and I'll bet by the end of the month you'll feel human....and if things get unbearable, to the point you;re ready to relapse, take a tiny crumb of suboxone, like 1 mg maybe...and even months from now, if something triggers you terribly, it's better to take that few crumbs of suboxone than to relapse. Ideally you can stay away from the sub and everything else completely though.

Hang on tight..I'm sending healing vibes your way and I'm right behind you at 1.3 mg of sub a day myself.

You're doing absolutely wonderful.....You are going to make it!!! Now go take a nice long walk, even if you do it indoors at the mall, followed by a nice hot bath before bedtime.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
(female)

rozetat2 HB User

Immodium will work too. Its an over the counter anti-diarrhea medicine--its an opiate that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier so it wont get you high but it will take away any lingering w/d feeling youre having. You would have to take about 4-6 pills though. If you just fatigued and have no energy, then mano is right and exercise is your best bet-- walk around the block if thats all you can do. Good luck--

Closed Thread