It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
(male)

Nicky100 HB User
Finally Actually in Recovery

Hi--

You guys must be talking about Dr. Drew Pinsky? His book "Cracked" is one of the best books I've ever read.

I've been an out of control alcoholic for a good 10 years. I was a full-fledged alcoholic at 22, but didn't know it. I've been going to A.A. meetings on and off for a long time, and a couple of stints in rehab, not to mention the DUI's. Nothing could get me sober, and I got up to a fifth of whiskey a day sometimes. I remember many times pouring a tumbler of whiskey at 7:00 a.m. to keep from getting sick.

After all the crap I've been through, I finally started getting sober about 8 months ago, without really trying that hard. I was using an ebook called How I Stopped Drinking by Max Fisher, and that book put me over the top. I hope the Admin doesn't mind me mentioning this, but I wanted to because nothing, and I mean nothing was working for me. It's pretty bad when you're a failure in AA! And they all know at the meetings - its like they're a bunch of mind readers.

So thats how I got sober, and I'm staying that way it looks like. A simple plan, that just worked, which was nothing less than a miracle for this hard case.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
(female)

redrockrag HB User
Re: Finally Actually in Recovery

Congratualtions. It is so great to hear of success. You sound really good. Keep on doing what you are doing.
R

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User
Re: Finally Actually in Recovery

Yes, congratulations!! I'd love to hear more of your story, if you'd care to share.

Drew Pinsky is amazing. I would love to read his book.

Closed Thread