It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

2young2hurt HB User
Question Sweats, Lack of Sleep, nausea--HELP

I think the night sweats, the inability to SLEEP and the nausea are all part of the slow taper process and WD's. I have heard Immodium is good for the nausea and other digestive ailments, what about SLEEP ? NOT to mention the NASTY MOOD sometimes
I have tried the Advil PM--just dries my mouth out from the benadryl
I have heard about Melantonin-- tried that too. I think I will try the Valerian next. I don't have but 1 and a half Clonnies left and am holding on to them for an emergency. I am trying to taper from 4-5 7.5 mg percs a day to 2-3 a day for a few days and then 1-2 a day etc.
Any advice, suggestions. etc WELCOMED

Last edited by 2young2hurt; 01-15-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

mano2008 HB User
Re: Sweats, Lack of Sleep, nausea--HELP

You are tapering very fast...I'll say that! It should be a little easier than cold turkey however.
I found that none of that over the counter stuff would help me sleep much, regardless of the dose I took the first few days....seemed to just make matters worse actually. If you can get a prescription sleep aid, that's best, and as you have already found out, benzo'z help the most for that first few days....and even with those you won't get good sleep.
Yep, the immodium does offer a little extra relief, supposedly. Advil every 4 hours once you detox completely, as needed til then. Hot bathes and leg stretches before bed if you have restless legs (medieval torture) in the evening.
The good news is your dose is low, so it shouldn't be too terrible. Learn from this, because next time you relapse (and you will if you use again) it will be twice as hard to detox...I promise You can do this. Just think of it as having the flu really bad, and keep nursing yourself accordingly, knowing it is going to get better. Make sure you keep exercising every day, starting now, with at least a long walk every day, and drink LOTS of water. The walking helps loosen up your legs too...i think thats why our legs get restless in the evening, because we try to relax and they tense right up. Good luck to you...keep positive!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
(male)

man2984 HB User

The valerian worked very well for me....just be careful with those too...they can damage your liver in time. For the withdrawal process though I would say definitely give it a try. The combo I used during withdrawal was valerian, GABA, magnesium, and taurine. They worked wonders for me and I will be a year clean in 2 weeks. Good luck to you and I hope i've been some help to you.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
(female)

2young2hurt HB User

What IS the best way to taper ? I have enough meds on hand to do it on a weekly schedule as opposed to a daily taper. I just don't like being held prisoner by MY PAIN and the MEDS I must take. I do plan on letting someone hold the goodies and then when I NEED them as opposed to WANTING them give me one. I refuse to go to Oxycontin which my Doc says would be my next step. but then he is a GP not a PM Doc

Old 01-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #5
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

How long have you been on the meds? I think the length of time you have been on them will determine your taper. If you don't mind me asking what kind of pain do you have?

Winnie

Old 01-16-2008, 07:56 AM   #6
(female)

2young2hurt HB User

I have been on the meds for over a year. I have chronic back pain from Degenerative disc disease and compression of 2 discs as well.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #7
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Ok, so if you taper down and get off the meds how will you handle your pain? Do you consider yourself addicted? I asked these questions because if you truley are in severe pain you may need to stay on some sort of med.

Closed Thread