It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Addiction & Recovery Message Board


Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 36
Steve1291 HB User
Suboxone vs. Subutex

I feel like when my doctor gives me subutex in the office it works better but she will not give me a script for it for some reason.

Anyone out there in sub land know if subutex works better for them then suboxone, I literally do suboxone 24 mgs for a day or 2 and go right back to the pain pills, I cant help it.


I am desperate to stop, I have heard horror stories about meth but might it be my only choice I cannot seem to stay on the suboxone

p.s. I am about at 150 - 200 mgs of roxicodone a day

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Va
Posts: 11
Mitchem85 HB User
Re: Suboxone vs. Subutex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1291 View Post
I feel like when my doctor gives me subutex in the office it works better but she will not give me a script for it for some reason.

Anyone out there in sub land know if subutex works better for them then suboxone, I literally do suboxone 24 mgs for a day or 2 and go right back to the pain pills, I cant help it.


I am desperate to stop, I have heard horror stories about meth but might it be my only choice I cannot seem to stay on the suboxone

p.s. I am about at 150 - 200 mgs of roxicodone a day


Hey man,

I am going through the same thing you are except im having success on suboxone.

YOu have to be willing to not want to get high, until you do this; you might as well just keep using the pain pills.

Methadone is gonna get you high and it will be 20x worse when you wanna stop doing that, i promise.

You need to let the suboxen work and let it heal your brain. I know im new on here but im just trying to offer a little help.

You have to stop wanting to get high, becuase that's the only way you will be able to stop no matter what you are taking.

Just try to remember all the bad things the opiods do to you and remember its not worth it. I hope you get everything together cus it feels alot better to not have to worry about finding pills everyday.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 381
g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: Suboxone vs. Subutex

He's right. Suboxone won't give you that "high" feeling.. that's why a lot of people don't like it. Hate to burst your bubble, but the only difference in between subutex and suboxone is one has an opiate blocker in it and one doesn't. So if you were to take subutex and a pain pill, you would still feel the pain pill. But with suboxone, you won't.

 
Old 02-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 5
marilyn801 HB User
Re: Suboxone vs. Subutex

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8trgrl15 View Post
He's right. Suboxone won't give you that "high" feeling.. that's why a lot of people don't like it. Hate to burst your bubble, but the only difference in between subutex and suboxone is one has an opiate blocker in it and one doesn't. So if you were to take subutex and a pain pill, you would still feel the pain pill. But with suboxone, you won't.
So if I am on suboxone currently and I need to have surgery in 3 days, should I switch to subutex so that the pain meds will work for me during and after the surgery? I am really stressing over this.

 
Old 02-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 23
kelly29 HB User
Re: Suboxone vs. Subutex

M: you asked about having surgery and taking pain pills then. It seems to me that you are looking for an excuse to take more pills. Not to say that you don't legitimately need the surgery. I just don't see why you would take the Sub knowing you are going to take pain pills again. Why don't you wait until after you have recovered from your surgery, let your body heal from that, and then get serious about recovery and get on the Sub. when you are ready to not take ANY more pain pills.

I've been on Subutex for 4 days now, and I have never felt more alive. I don't get a high, which I don't need anyway (none of us really does), but I don't have any withdrawal symptoms either. I haven't even thought about taking any pain pills, except for those times when I think, "A week ago, I would have had to take 7 Lortab before I could accomplish that task, and now I don't need them." Other than that, no thoughts of even taking meds. PLUS, my boyfriend takes Lortab for a herniated disc. They are in the house all the time, and I haven't even looked for them. I'm just not interested in them anymore. I realized that I have too much living to do.

But enough about me, you do what's best for you. Just remember, what's best for us is not always what we want. Suboxone, Subutex, or Methadone is not going to help you if you are still planning to take pain pills in the near future. And I'm not trying to be a b**ch, just making an observation.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by kelly29; 02-11-2008 at 03:16 PM.

 
Old 02-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 5
marilyn801 HB User
Re: Suboxone vs. Subutex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly29 View Post
M: you asked about having surgery and taking pain pills then. It seems to me that you are looking for an excuse to take more pills. Not to say that you don't legitimately need the surgery. I just don't see why you would take the Sub knowing you are going to take pain pills again. Why don't you wait until after you have recovered from your surgery, let your body heal from that, and then get serious about recovery and get on the Sub. when you are ready to not take ANY more pain pills.

I've been on Subutex for 4 days now, and I have never felt more alive. I don't get a high, which I don't need anyway (none of us really does), but I don't have any withdrawal symptoms either. I haven't even thought about taking any pain pills, except for those times when I think, "A week ago, I would have had to take 7 Lortab before I could accomplish that task, and now I don't need them." Other than that, no thoughts of even taking meds. PLUS, my boyfriend takes Lortab for a herniated disc. They are in the house all the time, and I haven't even looked for them. I'm just not interested in them anymore. I realized that I have too much living to do.

But enough about me, you do what's best for you. Just remember, what's best for us is not always what we want. Suboxone, Subutex, or Methadone is not going to help you if you are still planning to take pain pills in the near future. And I'm not trying to be a b**ch, just making an observation.

Good luck to you!
I see how you would feel that way (your first comment about taking more pills) but I have been on suboxone for over 2 yrs now... been sober the whole time. Im so happy that I am clean and can say it. I don't want to go back to being on pain meds - that was the worst mistake of my life. However, Im worried about being in pain after my surgery which does have to happen. I want to recover from surgery and then get right back on the right path. This has nothing to do with getting high - I am just afraid of the pain. Funny I have never had surgery before, now Im clean and have to have surgery. Ironic hu?
Oh and BTW - we have something in common, I was on lortab too before I asked for help. 7 10's a day too. I can't beleive I was taking that much.

Last edited by marilyn801; 02-12-2008 at 07:09 PM.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Pain Med Addiction and Suboxone? Help please. holdenbryan Addiction & Recovery 12 04-24-2010 05:09 PM
Can Suboxone treat pain?? bcruth5 Pain Management 21 04-23-2008 11:46 PM
day 5 withdrawaling off suboxone....really scared aterrifiedmom5 Addiction & Recovery 33 05-01-2007 09:17 AM
Methadone vs. Suboxone and an angry doctor csk2098 Pain Management 1 12-14-2006 12:35 AM
Subutex and suboxone differences???? C_O_N_F_U_S_E_D Drug Interactions / Side Effects 1 10-10-2006 07:59 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!