It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 05:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Hi Guys

Still here -- lurking most, but writing every now and then. Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am still alive.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: Hi Guys

hows things going med? must be nearly 3 months now! hope you are well amigo. was gonna ask you for some exercise advice - but i've trawled the internet for it instead - saves u a job.

yoss

'In sleep a king, but, waking, no such matter.'

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Meddguy

Glad to see your post.... I have been thinking about you.

So? How about some details of where you are? What are you feeling? How is it going? I am, of course, super glad you are alive, but hungry ( or nosey maybe?) for some details!

Well, I will tell you what my day was like.

This morning, I started with coffee delivered to me by Hubby at the computer. ( Yes, he is a dear man and we are meshing well again after some shaky time when I finished tapering... adjustments for both of us!). I read my email, read the news, and sent for some freebies. Everyone always laughs at me for sending for freebies, but I get some great ones. And I notice my kids never hesitate to raid my freebies bag for stuff like toothpaste and deoderant!

Then some guys came from a company hired somehow by money alloted from the state for energy programs. They changed every single lightbulb in our house, checked for air leaks and cauled in all kinds of places with clear caulk, used foam filling of some kind in areas in the cellar, put a special gadget on the kitchen water faucet that gives more pressure, but uses less energy, and did some stuff with the windows. They left hubby with some gadgets to check various appliances and every one that we might decide to replace with a more energy efficient one earns us $100 free and clear. I went out in the middle of all their doings just because I felt like it. They were up, down and all around the house and I decided it was all a manly doing anyway and that I would go do some womanly shopping. Chuckles.

I went to the produce market and bought green stuff to cook, went to a clothing store and bought the grandbaby new PJs and slippers and then went to a warehouse for some staples for the pantry. Came home and cleaned the crud out of the fridge and then put the green stuff away with hubby. He is the buggy-lugger, I am the director. Hahahaha. I rested while he unpacked.

Then I cooked a quick pot of soup and ate some. Ummmm. Kind of like Italian Wedding soup, but a quick version. Rested some more. Straightened the kitchen and now have been playing a few games on the computer and reading the board.

This is pretty much about what an average day is for me. Tomorrow will be special because the grandbaby boy will be with us. No work, no cooking, nothing but whatever he wants to do. Actually, we have plans in the morning to go to the airport where a friend hs made arrangements for the baby ( he is just turned 2) to get inside an airplane and a helicopter. Right into the cockpit!! Oh, he loves planes so much. We spend a lot of time at the airport watching them take off and land. Then a nice bubble bath for him, into his new PJs and a nap ( for me, too!).

So, Meddguy, come back and share some details, Buddy! You don't have to be as long winded as me, just a few snippets will do. Smiles.

Hugs
reach

PS to YOSS... you trawled the net???? Is that like surfing the net,but in a boat? Hahahahaha! Is that a British term or a Yoss term? Hugs to you, too, Buddy ( Chap?).

Old 01-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hey reach - 'I' crack the funnys round here ok!

trawling is a general term (dunno if its used elsewhere) - like the big fishing boats - only its applicable to anything you search for ' i went trawling through my sock drawer to try and find a pair without holes' 'or trawling down the back of the sofa at the end of a tough month' - tho definatley not 'trawling for love in all the wrong places' - that'd be just wrong!

you live and learn - and what a cultural experience these boards are turning out to be

hope u r doing well again med.

ps reach - chap - or 'old bean' will do nicely - i like to keep a stiff upper lip and all that.

what ho!

yoss

"In sleep a king, but, waking, no such matter”

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Last edited by Yossarian22; 01-17-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Closed Thread