It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Ohnotagain......you ready? :)

Hey Michelle.. It's a brand new year.. and I think it's time we try a taper.. I'm going to try to go to 3 this weekend. I have a 3 day weekend, so this will be perfect. I'm sitting at work right now, the only one here.. About to go home. Thought I'd send this post to see if you're ready!!

Cowgirl Up!

g8trgrl
Brandi

Old 01-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: Ohnotagain......you ready? :)

guess she hasn't checked in lately... I'm ready to go to 3 today.. so we'll see what happens!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
(female)

redrockrag HB User

Way to go. How many were you taking before? I have run out but had cut back until the weekend when I had some neck and back pain. Oh well, I will just have to tough it out. I had an opportunity to taper and blew it. I get what I deserve.
RR

Old 01-22-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8trgrl15 View Post
guess she hasn't checked in lately... I'm ready to go to 3 today.. so we'll see what happens!!
Hey Girl !!!! I just got home from Mexico !!! It was such a long trip and i cant believe all the posts i missed. im actually just trying to catch up on everyone right now..... i do a lot of reading and a little posting, so i DO know how everyone is doing..... usually. I see you're trying 3 !!! wow ! good for you... i will be right there with you. when i was in mexico, for some odd reason, i needed less, so i was taking 4mg, 3mg, 4mg... etc. and that was just fine. today i am taking 3mg. i will let you know how it goes... you do the same. im rooting for us !!! we'll get down, ALL THE WAY, together !!!!!
so check in with me later and let me know how you're day went today, ok?

talk soon. thanks for thinking of me. its good to know that you're still out there in cyber land and we CAN do this together.

hugs, michelle

p.s. heard from our buddy MAGGS? MAGGS - IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE CHECK IN, I MISS YOU !!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hope you had a great time in mexico. welcome back

keep up the taper - i might see if my doctor will send me if i can persuade him it will be good for my health.

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 01-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian22 View Post
hope you had a great time in mexico. welcome back

keep up the taper - i might see if my doctor will send me if i can persuade him it will be good for my health.

yoss

keep on keepin on
Thanks Yoss !!! Good to be back, and good to "see" you all again !!! How is everything going for you? Mexico would be great for your health. Just being able to wake up without worrying about all the pressures of daily life is a great "cure" in itself !!!!! Let me know if you get that prescription !!!

Hugs, Michelle

Old 01-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Hey there!! I forgot you were going to Mehico!! Glad to hear you had a good time. Okay.. I think I'm ready to try 3.. I've done my 2 this morning, so I'll just try 1 tonight and see what happens. I'm hoping nothing, but I'll keep you posted. Keep checkin in!!!!

Brandi

Old 01-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

so far, so good. well, kinda. actually, i did 3 yesterday and then today, i ended up doing another 1 at 5pm. it all has to do with stress for me i think. i was all stressed out and started feeling cruddy, so i thought "oh, i need another mg. so instead of even trying not to take it, i took it. cuz then i was afraid i would be stuck at work with a client feeling cruddy if i didnt take it. i think i will have to have a little more backbone and just get through two whole days of three. ill start tomorrow.
oh yeah, and today i started taking my chantix to quit smoking. ive been promising my kids that jan 23rd was the day and i cant back out. i really really want to quit smoking. so far, ive smoked less today. i have one week to still smoke, then bam!, next wed i stop altogether. wish me luck with that too
let me know how today went for you brandi.

talk soon !!!

hugs, michelle

Old 01-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Hey Michelle..

I have to admit.. I haven't done 3 yet. I always feel like I have to have that whole 2 mg pill in the evening.. and I know that I don't. So today is the day. I'm doing 3 and that's all there is to it. I'm not going back to the Dr that prescribed it to me, so I have to taper with what I have left. So.. it's do or die for me. I just have to buck up.. lol So I'll be rooting for you and vice versa.. we'll make it thru together!!

Brandi

Old 01-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Awwww c'mon.... You two are two of the strongest hotties I 'know' - you can do this.....BOTH of you can. Sure it's tough - but again, so are you - so stop worrying about it and and follow Nike's advice and JUST DO IT!! LOL.... (I know, listen to me, right? I lasted a wholllllle SIX WEEKS on Sub....ugh...)

I also think it's awesome that you're both doin it 'together'. It kinda gives ya's that extra little 'umpffff' to do it - and continue doing it.... LoL - maybe with a tad bit of fear of not wanting to let the other down....

So keep it up Gal - I am rottin' for both of you 110%!!!!

tat*

Old 01-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Thanks Tat.. I'm just gonna "do it" today and not think about it. I feel bad today.. it's not a good day to start.. I better wait until in the morning.. Today's just been a bad day.. work wise, body wise. My back's been hurting me today.. But it's all good.. Gotta start sometime!!

Hope all is going well with you TAT!! (my BQ)

Old 01-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8trgrl15 View Post
Thanks Tat.. I'm just gonna "do it" today and not think about it. I feel bad today.. it's not a good day to start.. I better wait until in the morning.. Today's just been a bad day.. work wise, body wise. My back's been hurting me today.. But it's all good.. Gotta start sometime!!

Hope all is going well with you TAT!! (my BQ)
dont feel bad brandi... i had a helluva day too.... of course, if i wait for a GOOD day i might never do it, but i *** up and did 4 yesterday. today is ok so far, but im stressed out cuz of my mother.. ugh.. another story in itself !!!!

good luck, keep me posted. ill update you later tonight about my eve, k?

tat- thanks for the encouragement. i can use all i can get !!!! you have had wonderful strength and fortitude making it through the holidays with all the cr*p that you had to go through. im so proud of you !!! you hott hunk of a man you !!!!

p.s. where ya been? gonna make that away message go away anytime soon?

hugs to all,

michelle

Old 01-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Michelle,
The evening started out bad, but got better. My Mom made me a hot bath w/ candles & music.. ( I know what you're thinking... you have a husband???) But that's another story in itself. So that helped relax me more. Still did 4 today.. but am going to try really hard to do 3 tomorrow..
keep me posted!!

Brandi

Old 01-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

ok, who made you the hot bath? your mom or your husband? i didnt get that.... LOL
i did 4 as well today.... tomorrow i/we are set for three, yes? GOOD. ill update again. im gettin ready to go to bed, ive got an early day at work tomorrow........
up at 4:30. ugh..... so ill check in tomorrow...
good luck girl !!! THREE THREE THREE THREE 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 (just bein goofy! )

hugs, michelle

Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

LOL I should clarify. I have a husband, but he's not thoughtful enough to fix a bath or do anything like that.. so my Mama had to do it.. that's what I meant in it being another story.. (maybe the marriage board? lol)

I am going to shock you.. I think I'm doing 2 today. At least that's what I'm shooting for. I took my 2 yesterday morning, and that evening as I took the other 2 (oops..) that I really think I could've went without them. So, trying 2 for the day.. In the middle of the night I may have to get up and take a mg. But I'm shooting for it.

I'm here with ya, girlie!! Keep me posted!

Brandi

Closed Thread