It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Rapid Detox

Has anyone had any experience or know anyone who went through "Rapid Detox"? For those who don't know, they put the patient to sleep and over a period of about 2 hours, they flush your system and wipe all the neurotransmitters clean of opiates. You wake up "clean." They keep ithe patient in the clinic for a day just to make sure all is well and then off you go....With a program to address the mental side of things as well (counseling & etc.). Although much needs to be done once you leave, at least the physical part of dependence is over....A big head start! The downside is that it's very expensive. Use your favorite internet search engine and you can learn all about it. There are several places in the state of Florida. Just curious if anyone has had any first hand experiences. I would think this method would be particularly good for those physically dependent on the hard stuff, or high doses. Thanks.

Last edited by Executor; 01-20-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Clarify

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
(male)

makinit HB User
Re: Rapid Detox

Dear young professor,
I had the procedure done a few years back. In short form I can tell you what I experienced. I want to express, first of all, I can tell you that don't believe everything you read or what they may tell you about rapid detox. Before I had the procedure done they told me that after I awoke I would be completely detoxed. This was untrue by a LONGSHOT! I was very unstable for many weeks. I was vomiting very large amounts for 4 days. I was very unstable and had the worst withdrawals I had ever experienced. It was a nightmare from He**. They also put a opiate blocker implant in me just below my left side of my stomach (below my waist line) about a inch deep. This procedure cost me 10 grand. In my opinion, I would not recommend this highly dangerous and painful procedure, because of what I experienced and the health problems that developed afterwards. It cause me to have throat and stomach problems that I still suffer with, which has still not healed and it's been over a few years now. Legal action is in progress over this matter and I am only telling fellow addicts what I experienced. You may take this information with a "grain of salt" but I just wanted to share the horrific experience that I was exposed to. If anyone would be afraid of a tough detox I can compare rapid detox by being at least 3 times more tough and dangerous. In my opinion this procedure should be more investigated. I wouldn't wish, what I went through on my worst enemy. I can only say that for this procedure one better be strong minded, healthy and have GUTS of steel. A cold turkey detox is much more easier and safer than this course of action, indeed. I'm sorry if I have "bursted someones bubble" in hope of maybe a different/less painful detox but rapid detox is surely not one of them, at all in my book...

Makinit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Rapid Detox

Thanks so much for the information. I'm wondering if this falls into the category of "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is." Rapid Detox did sound a little too good!

Just curious if you don't mind....Where do you think things went wrong? Also, is it possible that the treatment works better for some types of addiction than others? Can I ask what you were addicted to and how long?

Thanks for all your help.

Closed Thread