It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

myhearthurts HB User
Trying to stop Oxycodone, but end up lying

Hi everyone,
I have been reading everyones post (mostly for encouragement). I have been taking oxycodone for a little over a year and on/ off before that. Last Feb/March I started with 45 15mg/ a month (every 8 hrs), now I am at 180 30mg/ month (every 3-4 hours). My doctor gave them to me (actual most any dr will once they see my mris anyway...) after my last accident and it just evolved from there. Over the past few months I started running shhort on 180/ month and trying to find ways to get extra. Well it about destroyed my realtionship with my boyfriend. So this past week I told him I stopped taking them (which I did for a few days). I started getting so sick I switched to morphine (which is a little weaker I believe) and only have been taking 2 in the morning (and I am almost out of those). He thinks I got off of them and was glad my WD's werent as bad this time. I put off my drs apt (was supposed to go last tues but go this wed instead) and he is proud of me for doing that. I tell him I am going to tell the dr that I dont want anymore but I am afraid my boyfriend will find out when I REALLY go through withdrawls this time that I lied and didnt really quit....I was think about getting the RX from the dr and tapering to 1.5 then 1 then 1/2. Its more about pain than psychological for me. When they are not there I dont even think about them...Anyway, Sorry for rambling...I just dont know what to do..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User
Re: Trying to stop Oxycodone, but end up lying

Hi myhearthurts: sorry that it does.

A common theme that you will find in these addiction threads is to tell the truth. As hard as it is, start with your doctor, or better yet, invite your boyfriend to the doctor's office, and tell on yourself. Most pain management docs know about addiction and tolerance and can explain it to your bf better than you can.

The longer that you are on these meds, the more you will need (you know about tolerance). And you are definitely showing the warning signs of addiction. With your back the way it is, opiates may have to be used (can you tell us what is going on in there, please?). Methadone, as bad as it is, is often used for long term pain management and addiction problems. Your doctor can help you make that decision. Oxycodone is SO bad for addicts, imho.

God bless and stay strong,

mike

Old 01-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
(female)

myhearthurts HB User
Re: Trying to stop Oxycodone, but end up lying

thanks for the reply,
I asked him to go to the doctor with me but he he has to go to a meeting that he cant get out of. I have Carpal Tunnel, 3 bad disks in my neck and nerve damage from my neck down and my sciatic (sp) nerve, arthritis and swelling in my hands (with etreme burning), feet and knees. I tried methadone in combination with soma and low doses of oxycodone over a year ago and it made me reckless. When I took it I felt like I couldnt die or nothing could hurt me. When I told my old dr that, he discontinued ALL the meds i was on and was going to bakeract me (just cause I didnt want to be on methadone).. I dont know if I should tell my dr after this apt (next month tell him) so I have a RX to taper or not... If he ends up giving me the RX I will taper. I WONT take the whole perscription. I just dont know what to say to who and when to say it....I already started in a program and will be going to NA meetings too..

Closed Thread