It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
(male)

newarkde HB User
Must go 5months clean by court decision

Long story short,
I did something (allegedly) stupid, got arrested, got lawyer, got deal on charges to go into diversion plan. Deal is, go to class every week, get urine tested for 5-6 months and everything is dropped. Since Jan1 I have been weening off pills with suboxen. Used 3-4 days this month, maybe. Hasnt been that bad, but what brings me back is that I really have bad back pain which can become intolerable. I hope the program will prescribe subs (almost banking on it) but if not? I',m confident I can do it. but be miserable, try to beat the program, etc.
Any suggestions?????

Last edited by newarkde; 01-22-2008 at 12:34 PM.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: Must go 5months clean by court decision

i have done a similar program in the UK. over here its called a DRR (drug rehabilitation requirement) 1 year of oral swab screens, twice a week - as well as drug worker appointments. over here you are allowed to take precribed drugs and are not even asked to reduce - its all about removing the taking of 'illegal' drugs. its worked great for me. my life has totally turned around in 10 months.

i hope yours will too.

keep us posted as to how things are going.

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User

Hey Newark DE,

Can't imagine how things are kind of turned upside down but I hope this takes you on a road of health.

re your back pain - I had a job that really killed my lower back and thus got me on the pain pills. Thought I'd offer some things:

A TENS unit --- electrodes that you put on the painful part. Low doses of electricity block the transmission of pain to your brain. Feels like a slightly painful constant massager. the electrodes hook up to a gizmo that looks like a pager, that you clip to a belt.

Hot tub -- if you don't have one, consider joining a Y or other club - a lot of clubs have joining deals in January for all those New Year resolutions. Also -- I work out on a machine --- the "arm" is behind me and I push back on it and then forward - it really works your lower back and makes all those tight muscles streeetttttch out - feels great.

Crunches -- can't stress this enough - the stronger your ab muscles are, the stronger your lower back is.

when you wake up but before you get out of bed --- lay on your back with your knees bent and feet on the bed. Bring your knee (1 at a time) up to your chin (as far as you can) and hooolllllld it there, stretching out your lower back. Switch to the other leg. This really helps loosen you up so you won't hobble on your way to the john!

That's about it, I know it's not the miracle cure but these little things have help me, non medicinally.

best,
Droop

Old 01-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
(male)

newarkde HB User

Thanks guys. I also have a fondness for mjna, which does help with dealing with everything. They definitely dont make it easy.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
(male)

newarkde HB User

Hello anyone,
I am really stressed and having bad anxiety. I am all for going clean and am really motivated to do so, BUT, I have been taking suboxen ( life saver) to ween myself down. I noticed that if I havent done anything for a couple days, then take an opiate, the mess of WD's pick right back up. I am worried that when I meet with the court appointed person to start the program they will not make suboxen available to me. Or, at the worst, I take it on my own and test postitive on a urine test and dig myself into a deeper hole.
I gave myself the entire month of Jan to ween down and have done well. Off the top of my head I would guess that I have only taken Opiate pills (not including Subs, maybe 6 days. For me that is very good. I guess I just need a place to vent and look for advice and support. Is there anything someone can offer to assist this dilemma??

Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

i think you need to find out about what exactly the courts expectations are? do they know you have an opiate problem? are you being presribed subs? fill in some of the blanks and im sure someone will be able to offer some helpful advice.

well done for tapering down btw.

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 02-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
(male)

newarkde HB User

-I think you are correct, in terms of the programs being the same. I am not being prescribed subs because I heard if I do that it may be difficult to ever be prescribed pills again. I have a friend who gets them. Also, that they dont raise eyebrows in urine screens. They said I can take medications as prescribed, but the last doctor I went to had me take a urine test that showed pos for marijuana. He discharged me. Its difficult to find a doctor. They almost set you up to fail.

i think you need to find out about what exactly the courts expectations are? do they know you have an opiate problem? are you being presribed subs? fill in some of the

Closed Thread