It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
(male)

red212121 HB User
Ambien CR

My question is can you take Ambien CR if you are taking suboxone? I have a really hard time sleeping at night. I take lunesta right now but don't really like it and suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Red

Old 01-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
(male)

fitz31 HB User
Cool Re: Ambien CR

Yep, you`re gonna need sleep and that is a good product. Ask your doctor for clonidine it will help you to sleep as well and also with any wd`s you get when you start to taper. Be careful not to mix to many meds always consult with your doctor.peace.fitz.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

mano2008 HB User
Re: Ambien CR

I have been taking Trazadone for sleep while on suboxone. It was recommended to me by a rehab years ago and they use it often for opiate dependant people in withdrawl to help them get a little sleep, and my doctor prescribed it for me...and this is the dr. who won't give anything dangerous out, and wouldn't give me Ambien even.

Trazadone is actually an anti depessant that has been around forever, but it's not an SSRI and it doesn't give me any of those weird side effects that SSRI's have.

It's also dirt cheap and supposedly non addictive.

Another thing regarding suboxone and sleep....Once i got below 2 mg's I started sleeping through the night again, for the 1st time since starting tx. I don't know if it is related to the suboxone reduction or not, but i can't tell you how good it is to sleep through the night without waking....and I suspect it has to be very healing as well.

mano

Closed Thread