It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
(male)

hydronomore HB User
Comparing notes w/those at the 3-4 week mark........

Hello Guys and Gals,

Today is the 21st day of me cold turkey quitting my hydro usage. To be brief, I took 4-5 7.5's per day for about 3 years. I quit cold turkey 1/2/08. It was rough in the beginning (beginning being the first week and some into the second week) and I now feel like I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnell. At first, I had bad depressive crying spells that were mainly in the mornings, but now they are getting fewer. My insomnia is now better as my dr. prescribed Lunesta for this.

I was interested in how others feel that have been quit approx. the same as I.

Thanks so much and God bless,

hydronomore

Old 01-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
(female)

Winnie31 HB User
Re: Comparing notes w/those at the 3-4 week mark........

Hello

I'm also at 3 weeks clean and each day is getting better and better. I'm still having problem's getting sleep but it is better than before. I don't have that bad of depression because I'm on an Ad which has helped alot. Prior time's I have tried to withdraw and the depression got so bad that I relapsed everytime. Cravings are still kinda bothersome but I'm working through them. So what are you doing with all this free time?

Winnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
(male)

hydronomore HB User

Thanks for the post Winnie. You were asking about my "free time." I have none - by design. The old adage, "The idle mind is the playground of the devil" is especially true when trying to kick a bad habit - at least it's been that way w/ me. I stay especially busy right now. Not that I was a slacker before, but right now I'm humpin it if you know what I mean. The busier I stay the better I feel. Actually, I do have some free, idle time in the evening that I spend w/ the family and I'm grateful for that. But right now is not a good time for me to be alone w/ my thoughts except for prayer. So far, it's working.

It's funny how everyone is different. I have almost no cravings, my back is doing much better, etc., etc. but I still have this nagging morning depression (much milder now). I take Paxcil and Cymbalta for this and it seems to work somewhat.

Thanks for the comparing of notes!

Best of luck to you and keep up the good work!

God bless,

hydronomore

Old 01-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User

re your back (sorry - I can't remember if you've talked about this in earlier posts) ---- when you were on the hydros was your back very stiff/painful...and now that you're 3 weeks sober (congrats!) your back feels much better?

I am very slowly tapering and the most vulnerable time for me in the beginning was wake-up, because I was so stiff and sore that I "needed" Norco (hydro 10/325) to "wake up" my lower back. But interestingly, I think going to bed almost clean from Norco helps my back NOT tighten during sleep - does this make any sense to you, too?

So proud of all of you - keep moving forward!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
(male)

hydronomore HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroopyEyes View Post
re your back (sorry - I can't remember if you've talked about this in earlier posts) ---- when you were on the hydros was your back very stiff/painful...and now that you're 3 weeks sober (congrats!) your back feels much better?

I am very slowly tapering and the most vulnerable time for me in the beginning was wake-up, because I was so stiff and sore that I "needed" Norco (hydro 10/325) to "wake up" my lower back. But interestingly, I think going to bed almost clean from Norco helps my back NOT tighten during sleep - does this make any sense to you, too?

So proud of all of you - keep moving forward!
Droopy,

Yes, while on hydros my back was constantly tight, stiff, sore, etc. Especially when I awoke in the am. But now that I'm off them, my back is much, much better.

Thanks,

hydronomore

Closed Thread