It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

JennaBK25 HB User
Hi I'm new

Hi I have been on pain pills for about three months because I have a vast amount of kidney stones. And that pain is excruciating without the pills! Believe me I'v tried it. I'm just really scared I'm going to be hooked on them. How long before that takes place

please help

Old 01-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
Re: Hi I'm new

hey and welcome, it really depends on what you are taking, strength and how many per day, then i can give you a pretty good idea what your in for....this board is a great places, hope to see you around.... :]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 05:07 AM   #3
(male)

JCS HB User

how many do you take a day ?

If you take them as perscriped you should be ok

and when you do not need them anymore ask your Doctor if he will slowly ween you off of them

just don't abuse them............and you should be fine

Old 01-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
(male)

fitz31 HB User
Cool Re: Hi I'm new

Hey Jennabk25,My guess is if you`re writing to all of us here you are probably in some trouble already.But only you know that. The boards are for people who are addicts or recovering from addiction just like the message board reads.I`m not telling you that you can`t ask questions here but realize that a lot of people become addicted to pain killers. "The road to failure is paved with good intentions", just be careful because it will sneak up on you..and oh, spill the beans, write from your soul not your mind... peace.fitz." doin whats gott get done"

Last edited by fitz31; 01-28-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: sign off

Old 01-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

FITZ... not to butt in on a board, but how are you? Need an update soon!!

g8trgrl
Brandi

Old 01-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
(male)

fitz31 HB User
Cool Re: Hi I'm new

HEY, g8trgrl, Thankyou for asking, I`m doin fine. I now know what so many healthcare professionals mean when they say after the physical addiction comes the mental WD`s . I feel better each day but the energy level was way down. I went to the gym yesterday on my day off and pounded the Iron, chest, tri`s,bi`s and I was stronger than I thought I would be. I am going to compete again as soon as my work schedule is set.I first trained with the pro`s` at world gym in coral springs FL, after lifting since high school and they told me that I should do a show so after moving back to new york I did, and took a third in my class and a fourth in the open class. I`m still in great shape and now I got this stuff under control so I`m gonna go for it.weight lifting is so much like life, there it is before you, now go and do it!!!!Thanks for askin girl, now it`s your turn.peace fitz. "Another day another opportunity in which to excell'

Old 01-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Lifting is awesome, isn't it Fitz? It's very VERRRY good for the body and soul....almost liberating.

tat*

Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz31 View Post
HEY, g8trgrl, Thankyou for asking, I`m doin fine. I now know what so many healthcare professionals mean when they say after the physical addiction comes the mental WD`s . I feel better each day but the energy level was way down. I went to the gym yesterday on my day off and pounded the Iron, chest, tri`s,bi`s and I was stronger than I thought I would be. I am going to compete again as soon as my work schedule is set.I first trained with the pro`s` at world gym in coral springs FL, after lifting since high school and they told me that I should do a show so after moving back to new york I did, and took a third in my class and a fourth in the open class. I`m still in great shape and now I got this stuff under control so I`m gonna go for it.weight lifting is so much like life, there it is before you, now go and do it!!!!Thanks for askin girl, now it`s your turn.peace fitz. "Another day another opportunity in which to excell'
Hey Fitz !! my fellow competitor !!!

sorry to but in on your post Jenna, but, I gotta tell Fitz to please keep me posted on the competition front... I have taken the year off Fitz so now i have to live my life vicariously through other competitors !!! Im so excited for you !!!

Jenna, how are you doing? What kind of pills are you taking? How many a day? How long have you been on them? Has taking these pills ever caused a problem for you in any part of your life? Have you ever had any negative consequences as a result of using narcotics? If you can answer these questions, im sure there are a lot of us on here that can help you answer you question. Hope to hear from you again soon !

michelle

Old 01-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Michelle & Fitz,

I'm doing good! I'm so proud of myself.. instead of 3mgs yesterday, I only did 2!! And I've only did 2 today.. I may have to take another mg later by the way I'm feeling, but it was a liberating feeling, I'm tellin ya.. I was so happy.

I raced my 7 yr old this past weekend and beat him.. lol I know he was so shocked. I know my husband was. I've always been kind of fast, and I know if I start walking/jogging I will feel tons better. I just need motivation.. that's why I wanted to do the boot camp thing.. But I'll have to wait until the next one. But that's okay... I'll be ready for the cruise to Mexico then!

Fitz, good to know that you're doing so well..

Michelle... what's the mgs like today?? keep me posted!

g8trgrl
Brandi

Old 01-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
(female)

JennaBK25 HB User

Hi Michelle,
I've been taking Vicodin 7.5/500mg. I've been taking around 10 a day. I was given them for my kidney stones but whenever I don't take them I just get really shaky and my head spins like I'm about to vomit. But if I don't take them nothing else works for the pain. It's been a few months now. I'm just nervous that I'm getting addicted. Is this how it starts???

Old 01-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #11
(female)

2young2hurt HB User

That sounds like your body is dependent on them. You can try to do a slow taper and let your body gradually get used to a lower dose. When you run out of meds your body will get thrown into total WD's.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #12
(female)

JennaBK25 HB User

How do I know what the WD is taking place?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #13
(female)

2young2hurt HB User

You experience flu like symptoms----aches, nausea,restless leg syndrome, can't sleep

Old 01-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBK25 View Post
Hi Michelle,
I've been taking Vicodin 7.5/500mg. I've been taking around 10 a day. I was given them for my kidney stones but whenever I don't take them I just get really shaky and my head spins like I'm about to vomit. But if I don't take them nothing else works for the pain. It's been a few months now. I'm just nervous that I'm getting addicted. Is this how it starts???
Jenna,

Im sure that at 10 per day your body is definitely dependent on them. It will be a little rough for about a week. Have you read the second thread on this board? the home detox thread? check it out, theres stuff on there to help. Have you talked to your doctor about all of this? If you have pain, you are going to have to have a plan in place to treat your pain, kidney stones can be intolerable !!! I wish you luck, please keep us posted on your progress. Let me know what the doc said, ok?

hugs, michelle

Old 01-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
(female)

JennaBK25 HB User

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your support. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. They want to see about possible surgery for the stones. In a way I hope it's done so this doesn't keep getting worse.

I am trying to lower the doeses I have noticed that I am beginning to feel sick, but I will read the thread on the home detox..

thank you

Jenna

Closed Thread