It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

Seeking2change HB User
Is it bad for you when....

Hi,

I am done with smoking pot....

I am 43 years old, have a wonderful life and a brand new job that it's only a matter of time before I smoke at lunch or something and they find me out...I have been here since September and I have snuck in the morning (everyone looks tired) and my job is easy enough when I'm buzzed...

My hubby knows he used to with me, he quit about 8-9 years ago. He would LOVE it if I quit.

I am thinking of taking the wonderful opportunity of Lent to QUIT...

But I really want to purge myself of so much; I have never had the urge so much before.

Last nite I went to every 'desperate' station (when the bag runs out) and cleaned with bleach...there is no residue left when this bag runs out, which could be over the weekend if I want to.

I know ....you can just call one of your buddies and they can get me one, but they will respect my decision I suspect. It's up to me, not them anyway.

My question....
is it ok for your body to stop everything at once? I don't beleive I am addicted to anything phys except pot and caffiene. I can pass the alchohol and I don't do other ill or presc drugs; honest. Just love the smoke....

I already have a chart to enter my progress and every hour of my day planned for 40 days...and I really am excited about this process.

Am I delusional??

I am for the first ever telling someone which is a big step for me, please know that.

Thank you for letting me share,
Good luck and Blessings to all who seek to change, we can do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
(female)

Seeking2change HB User
Re: Is it bad for you when....

Alrighty then....thanks! Very supportive.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Sorry ....don't know much about smokin pot...but I do addiction to pills. You have a reason to want to quit....your husband and from the sounds of it he would be very supportive. I don't know what your body goes through when you quit pot...probabley the same as pills..you go through withdrawls. And it is hell!!! But you will survive!! Is it possible to smoke a little less each day I guess thats what I would do is taper. Sorry but i don't know mych about this!!

Winnie

Old 01-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Howdy Seekin.... You're absolutely right, telling someone foor the first time IS a huge step...for you, for me - usually for everyone. It's so tough for us and our silly pride to come out with things to people that show that we are in fact only human, and have any kind of weakness. (such as an addiciton). But GOOD FOR YOU!! Good for you for taking the first step of admitting it - and for having the strength to actually WANT to doo this....good move!

I'm not quite sure if there are any severe withdrawals or reprocussions from quitting the grass cold turkey - any smoking I did was sporadical and never warranted the need for me to worry about stopping - but I'm quite surre that once some our friends here get online and into the boards this evening, that someone who has more experience with it will be able to give you more insight. Don't get discouraged if you don't get a ton of replies IMMEDIATELY - it sometimes takes time for folks to get in here and read up and start sending replies.... Rest assured though, you WILL get some help....I promise you that.

So good luck friend....I truly hope it all works out well for you and that the road to recovery isn't too bumpy and long for ya.

Stop in and keep us up to date on how you're doing, ok?

Peace,
tat*

Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hi seeking - i smoked for 20 years - strong stuff too - northern lights, skunk1, jack herrer, white widow etc - all top quality bud too. i found it difficult to sleep for a couple of weeks - not total insomnia, but restless fitfull sleep. i also got agitated/annoyed quite easily.

though once this had passed i began to feel a great deal more clarity in my day to day brain usage - sure my record collection was never gonna sound as good - but its a trade off.

i wish you all the best - from a 1 time heavy smoker - it is possible & it is worth it

take care

yoss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 02-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
(female)

Seeking2change HB User

Thank you all...I am getting nervous, I will admit. I shared with hubby my wishes and he reminded me I quit no problem during my pregnancies. Now I need to consider ME as my baby; and she does not want to live this way any more...

Thanks!

I will check in...I have not make the step yet.....

Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #7
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

When are you planning to take the first step??

Old 02-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
(female)

Seeking2change HB User

Wednesday February 6, 2008. Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Blasterboy HB UserBlasterboy HB User

have you thought about NA? Your a sure candidate....... if you wanted to be. It would help you move forward with life. But you have to want this, so that's my suggestion; go to the best solution there is (12 Steps) and meet some caring people in the prosess.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #10
(female)

Seeking2change HB User

I agree with you very much. I do very much believe in God and His Son and through Him I KNOW I can do this, it's just how much I want it, and not to give in to the temptation.

That is my problem. I feel so Blessed to know that it is worth it for me in the long run.

I could continue to live/work/worship/be with pot in my life. I have been. Very successfully it appears. I am so involved in so many things and have a GREAT life, honest.

I just need to RESIST temptation. I have made the pre-steps by calling my only friend who gets it for me, (he had a spinal cord injury in 1984 when we were 18. We've been friends since 1976, so he gets it for his tremors, and just gets me one every month or so...too convenient) I will miss our coffee sessions but he is very supportive too.)

And I did TONS of cleaning over the weekend. Usually I would scrape and save the scraps (gross) for when I ran out; but I TOSSED them. Of course I have not run out; but I am ready to toss whats left. Not much.

Thanks for lettign me vent....I am gonna be a royal Witch w/a capital B soon...

Have a great day...God Bless you all.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #11
(female)

Seeking2change HB User

I have looked up meetings near me...there are like DOZENS. I may be surprised at who I may know. They would be surprised to see me too, I suspect. But it's not about anyone else...I have no idea how they work. Do I have to admit it to everyone? Is that part of the first step? Publicily announcing it? Shudder.........

Old 02-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Blasterboy HB UserBlasterboy HB User

I've know people not to talk for 3 months; I couldn't shut up from my 3rd meeting.....

Closed Thread