It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
(female)

HiDiAnn HB User
Help .. Need Advice - PLEASE!

I have posted on here a few times and have always received GREAT advice - well I need some more please.

I received a letter from my doc office last night saying he would no longer be treating suboxone patients after March 1. He listed some docs that he recommended .. well I have called all of these to schedule an appointment and none of them will work with you if you have started sub with another doc. I see the doc (the one who will no longer treat me after March 1) tomorrow. I have had this appt scheduled for a month. I will tell him what I have found out by calling these other docs. I guess my question is what should I do .. should I take what he prescribes me tomorrow and taper myself or try to find another doc from the website? I am really scared right now and have not stopped crying since I have read this letter. Please anyone what should I do?

Thank you all for listening to me.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User
Re: Help .. Need Advice - PLEASE!

HiDiAnn...Welcome to the boards! Please try to calm down and relax...you WILL find the help you need...you're just not sure where yet! Tomorrow when you have your appointment, PUT THE BALL IN HIS COURT!!!!!!! He is the one leaving, so it is HIS responsibility to find someone to take over your care. Tell him about what the offices on "the list" have said, and tell him he has been treating you, so HE needs to be proactive in finding a doctor that will continue your treatment. You can't just be left in the dark by him...he has to have a plan in place, or to me, that's when I might start thinking about legal counsel (not for money, but to avoid withdrawals). Again, it's going to be ok!! I know...the unknown is scary, but hon, the Good Lord is going to take care of you.

Prayin' for you! Keep us posted!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
(female)

HiDiAnn HB User

Thank you for the encouragement. I have finally calmed down a bit. It just makes me so nervous being left like that. I am sure he will take care of me for the month he will still be at that practice so it does give me some time to figure what's the next step. Please keep me in your prayers and I will definitely keep posting. I feel when I post here you all are the only ones who really understand these feelings I have. Thank you again painaway I needed to hear that. God Bless You!

Please keep in touch with me.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Heya Hidiann.... First of all, chill. =) Just take a deep breath and relax - you WILL be ok. Like Painaway said, he absolutely CANNOT leave you hanging - it is illegal. And if he does, I am very VERY confident that you will find help somewhere. There are so much more Sub docs these days than there were just a few short years ago....geez - in my area alone, the number of them has jumped almost 10 times what it was three or so years ago. And if things get down to the very nitty-gritty, and you still haven't found anything (which I honestly and truly doubt), then you can always go to the local ER and I'm pretty sure they will be able to point you in a good direction too.

So really....ya need to calm down - because getting yourself all upset and crazy isn't going to help matters much - and it will surely cloud your head ad make it more difficult for you to get to the task at hand and finding a replacement for him.

Good luck my friend....PLEASE keep me (all of us actually) up to date on how things are going for you....I will have my fingers crossed for you and will be thinking of how you're doing so don't be a stranger. (well, any stranger than all of us are here anyway....lol.....)

Hang in there - and God bless!

Peace,
tat*

Old 01-31-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Hi DiAnn !!!!

Good to see you again - sorry about the circumstances

But, truly, you've gotten some really good advice and it looks like you'll have at least another month before you'll need to re-up on the sub script. so you DO have time to take that deep breath and relax.

have you tried going to the sub website and entering your zip code? if you do you will get a list of ALL the docs who prescribe sub in your area. You should get a pretty good amount of names to continue your search with there.

How many mgs are you on right now? and, i forget, how long have you been on sub? one of the things that you CAN do is to go ahead and begin to taper slightly, you know, go down a couple/few mgs in the next month... it will make your script last even longer !

let me know how everything goes with the doc, ok? dont be a stranger, (speaking of strange - Hi TAT !!! )
Look forward to hearing from you again with some good news girl !!!

hugs,

michelle

Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
(female)

HiDiAnn HB User

Hello you guys!

Thank you all so much for your support (Hi Michelle - missed you) I will admit that I did freak out a bit. It just really scared me because the 3 docs he had recommended were no goes. The first doc on his list the lady really scared me because she said that I would not find a doc that would take me on since I had already started with another doc. Well needless to say I went to my appt this morning and feel so much better. I expressed to him my concerns and told him what I had been told by the 1st doc I called. He said he was glad that I had already made some calls because he had no idea that would be the case. He is going to make some calls and let me know before he leaves. I am going to go ahead and make some more calls from the website to see what I can find myself. He gave me a 2 month supply - This will be my 3rd month on sub. He had started me at 24 mgs (which I thought was a lot) but I was taking any where from 20-30 lorcet a day. I will be tapering down 2-4 mgs this month. He will be in touch with me and for that I am thankful. I am also thankful for you all - when I thought I was about to lose my mind you all calmed me down. I never realized how much you all have helped me - I have not posted a lot but I come here everyday and read. I need to post more and get to know you all better. We are all going through this and it feels good to have people who understand. God Bless You All and please lets keep in touch!

Old 02-05-2008, 02:36 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Hey HiDiann:

How's everything going? Did you find another doc yet? Im really glad your current doc is understanding and helpful. Too bad he's leaving - we need more docs like him !
I agree that your mgs are a bit much, but as long as you're tapering and not staying on 24 you'll do fine.

keep us posted on your progress.........

talk soon,

michelle

Old 02-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #8
(female)

HiDiAnn HB User

Hello to all - for some reason my last post did not take - I knew I did something wrong LOL. My doctor called me Friday to tell me that he did find me another doc that would gladly take over my case. I cannot tell you how much of a relief that was. I will be meeting with the new doc in a couple of weeks. I hope I like him as much as the first. My doc told me to wait to taper until I meet with the new doc. I am really anxious to get the process started - I know it will be hard when I get to the lower doses but like we said before we will cross that bridge when we get to it. I have to admit though some of the threads I have read have scared the mess out of me. Thanks for checking in on me - it means so much.

Michelle - how is your taper going?

Closed Thread