It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User
My Rock Crumbling.

Guys (and gals), I'm feeling bad/sad. My older sister, let's call her Jill (not her real name)...she's the rock of my family. One of those life smart people who has street smarts, book smarts and still can relate to all kinds of people. She lives about 90 miles from me and until my dad died about a year ago, we talked all the time/saw each other.

I figured things were quiet in the last couple of months because she started her own freelance biz (and is successful) as well as dealing with our dad's death.

At work today, I was checking the state/county court dockets for a friend's speeding ticket. Then I said, WTH, and started pulling up family/friends....

and hit on my sister's name in a neighboring county. Now, our surname and her first/middle are very common. So there is a possibility that it's not her. But I feel in my gut it is her.

The 2 charges are:
(M)SIMPLE POSSESS SCH II CS (M - Misdemeanor)

(M)POSSESS DRUG PARAPHERNALIA

Thankfully, they're both misdemeanors. I'm trying to figure out what drug(s) this could be and I am thinking opiates. I know she does like pot, but that's Schedule I. We always joke about her purse which is AKA "the portable pharmacy." She always has whatever you need. (Not for addicts, but you know - like you have a crummy headache - she offers a pill.) Now I know that on this board, that kind of statement is very loaded and we're all raising an eyebrow. But in context, she's just never displayed any addictive tendencies/behavior.

What I think this is is...she had a bunch of schedule II in like 1 bottle and the bottle may have been unlabeled. And she got stopped for something (although she's not charged with anything else ,so that's curious HOW they found whatever it was.) and the cops found it during a search.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED.

I emailed her and just said "if you're going to court on Monday, I want you to know I love and support you and am here to talk. I won't bring it up unless you do. Of course, if this doesn't make any sense, GOOD, but (and then I explained how I found her name on this county court docket for Monday.)

She doesn't know I have an opiate addiction. I hope it's not her but if it is...I hope she reaches out and lets me in because we can be there for each other. I'm trying not to let my worrywart younger brother syndrome kick in but she's had so much going for her and I'm sick over thinking she has a record, etc. I have to go get my staples out from the surgery, otherwise, I'd go to the court for her (I said that to her.)

Please pray, friends.

Does anyone have any ideas what kind of sentence she could be looking at? I haven't been able to find the guidelines unless it's cocaine (which I know it isn't because of the statute she violated). One of my cop friends hasn't called me back yet.

Sigh.

Last edited by DroopyEyes; 02-01-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: My Rock Crumbling.

Hey Droopy,
Sorry your rock is crumbling. You sister is human, like you, and addiction does tend to run in families. She doesn't know of yours, and it seems you were not aware of hers. I managed to keep my addiction from everyone. If you both are in the same boat, it would be nice to have each other to lean on. It may be a great relief to her that her brother knows and has experienced the same ordeal with pain pills. I'd agree that Sch II CS would be controlled substance, most likely pain pills of some sort.
I have a friend who's daughter was busted for prostitution and poss. of oxycodone. She walked with a one year probation and they had been watching her for the prostitution for weeks because she was advertising on "Craigs List". Anyway, I think if this girl got probation for that, your sister would also be given probation.

I'll be thinking of you and your sister on Monday.
Best wishes,
JB

Old 02-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ilovejoaquim HB User

probably nothing. thats what i got.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User

Well, she emailed me back basically saying:

a. whether it's her or not that i saw online, she feels it's a violation of her privacy that I went looking.
b. If/when she needs to tell me something and/or needs my support she'll ask for it, and would I please respect her privacy.
c. Looking at that info at work (it was a public website but I get what she's saying) could potentially get me in trouble and please don't get in trouble doing something like that again.

We used to be so close and now I couldn't feel farther apart.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Well, just my humble opinion, but with her coming back defensive and not denying it.... that's pretty much saying that it's her. Like I said, that's just my opinion... I'll be praying for you and her..

g8trgrl

Closed Thread