It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

harleybiker24 HB User
Question 16 days clean still hurt

Ive had 6 different back surgieries in the last 3 years and only was perscribed norco with a habit of 5-8 aday for 4 years, Well I had my last surgery a few months ago and was so sick and tired of being in this state of mind . I had enough. That was 16 days ago.... every day gets better, I right now still have the anxiety, no energy except in spurts, alittle anger, can't sleep and of course i dont want to be social. yesterday I told myself i could actually see light at the end of the tunnel. I am so excieted to get my life back and be me again!!!! My question is how much longer will I feel like this? I was hoping 2 weeks and I would be good. I have no desire to take anything even though I still have some neck pain. Please give me some advice.
Thank You

Old 02-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
(female)

suedonny HB User
Re: 16 days clean still hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleybiker24 View Post

I want to be where you are..I just had surgery for my hips two replacments, down to three 5/325 Vicodins a day last surgery was five weeks ago, will I see the light also

maybe ibuprofen>They are tapering me off these were painful surgeries as was yours anything with the bones. please reply

Ive had 6 different back surgieries in the last 3 years and only was perscribed norco with a habit of 5-8 aday for 4 years, Well I had my last surgery a few months ago and was so sick and tired of being in this state of mind . I had enough. That was 16 days ago.... every day gets better, I right now still have the anxiety, no energy except in spurts, alittle anger, can't sleep and of course i dont want to be social. yesterday I told myself i could actually see light at the end of the tunnel. I am so excieted to get my life back and be me again!!!! My question is how much longer will I feel like this? I was hoping 2 weeks and I would be good. I have no desire to take anything even though I still have some neck pain. Please give me some advice.
Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hello Harley

Welcome. Sorry to hear you're still feeling ugh. From my past experience, the first four days were the worst, however I had a couple days (within the first few weeks) where it felt like I was starting the withdrawal's all over again.

The feelings you're experiencing are completely normal. It takes quite a while for the body to get "back to normal" again (weeks, months, even up to a year). Every day gets better, just remember that. Every day is a step to complete recovery! There are many things you can do to help alleviate the symptoms - such as...taking vitamins, getting exercise, fresh air, eating right, socializing with friends etc. The more you do, the less you'll feel. Basically, if you sit around the house, you'll think of everything that's happening to you, thus you'll feel it more.

I remember the days where I did not want to do anything at all. Those days were long and boring. It was people on this board who convinced me to get out and live my life - and wow, they were right! I eventually got up off the couch and I felt instantly better. Of course, its easier said than done, but just try it for a week. You'll sleep better, the wd's will be minimal and you'll start feeling like yourself again

Congrats to you for getting clean. Stay with us and keep us informed on your progress

All the best,
emsmom

Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
(female)

harleybiker24 HB User

I think that is a big point in getting up and going for a walk. I think it helps when someone has gone before u and they can let u know it will be OK!
Its so funny because i feel so good mentally in the morning I just keep telling myself everyday will get better and better. Oh I also say a prayer to myself. I believe that with God all things are possiable. And it is going to be so nice to laugh and cry and know its real and not because of some stupid pills. Me thats who I want to be again!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hey Harley,

Good for you!! I'm so happy to hear those words from you

Yes, you're right - it is encouraging to hear it from someone who's been through it all. Thats what helped me along my way There are some really wonderful people on this board, who have alot of experience. Thread after thread, post after post...I read and read until I couldn't read anymore. I have had such wonderful support from this board and its only been five months.

I wish you the best of luck, and a clean life - without pills

Good luck, my friend. Please keep in touch

Hugs,
emsmom

Closed Thread