It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #1
(female)

logalind HB User
Need your help

Hey guys oooohhhh having a bad day I woke up 2 day with the worst w/d's. Had a horrible dream I became homeless had severe back pain and was screaming in pain. I am literally shaking as i write this. I am terrified to go to the doctor. I justed wanted to let you all know don't be a coward like me, if you are thinking about relapse don't its not worth it. I am saying the serenity prayer trying to stay positive and constantly going to the bathroom. Its horrible I am going to try and get some thing to eat and hopefully relax. I really need some support and would love to hear from any of you.

Thanks

Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Need your help

Logalind

Breath, Honey.... breath slow and easy and let the breathing help calm your body and brain. Easy now..... in, hold it, slowly out..... again and again until you feel calmer.

Logalind, you have been here before. You are going to be okay. Face the fear with your practical experience in detox. It is a process that the body and brain go through to cleanse and restore. Attack the issue as practically as possible. Every bout of diarreha is a purging and cleansing. If it gets too rough, take Immodium. Try to eat a banana to get the potassium levels back up. If you are exhausted, lay on the bed and let the body reat even if you can not sleep. Close the eyes and just lay there for a while.

Logalind, use all the tools you used to help yourself last time. Make a list of them. Read and reread them and use them.

Come back and post as you can.

You are going to be okay. Truly. It fels rotten, but will eventually pass. Stay in the moment for now.

Prayers being sent up for you
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 06:03 AM   #3
(female)

logalind HB User

Reach,

Thank you so much. I do feel better I did just what you said and felt better. I think it is also the quilt I feel also over relapsing. prayers do work its incredible. I feel better 2 day, but am going to take it 1 day at a time. Its funny I told myself to pull out all the stuff I got from rehab and reread it. Thanks so much for your help.

Hope all is welll with you how have you been, you were such a wonderful help when I got clean before.

Lo

Old 02-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Logalind

Another day behind you. Day at a time, moment at a time.

John Wayne said one time the "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." That's a good thought for you right now. I know you are scared.... withdrawal was the scariest, prolonged and fearful time in my life. We have to dig deep to find the courage to keep plodding along with the knowledge that we can survive it and that a better life is waiting for us at the end of it. We have to saddle up.

The guilt must be turned around in the thinking. Yes, yes, of course we all feel like idiots in this situation! However, change that thought from it being a hinderance into the thought that we are working to make our life different, better, drug free. Pump the self up and motivate the self knowing that all the effort put into withdrawing and finding true recovery and restoration is a worthwhile and good thing. Our lives are better lives in the end and that makes for better lives for all we interact with.

Stay strong, Sweetpea. Come and post, share it all and let the board walk alongside you.

reach

Closed Thread