It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User
Heath Ledger

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine," the office said in a short statement....

Hydrocodone and oxycodone are painkillers. Diazepam is an anti-anxiety drug commonly sold under the brand name Valium; alprazolam is also an anti-anxiety drug, sold under such names as Xanax. Temazepam, sold under such names as Restoril and Euhypnos, is a sleeping agent, as is doxylamine.

And we all take - or HAVE taken this crap....

tat*

Last edited by tat2duser; 02-06-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User
Re: Heath Ledger

you see how easy it is to die..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Tat

I was just reading the same bulletin. How sad, how very, very sad. I look at how my own abuse started, how it crossed the line and feel greatly for the death of this young man. It is often in desperation that we make the choice to take more than we should of a prescribed med. It is just so easy to do, so damn easy. When we eventually find ourselves in that horrible place of addicted, of actually abusing, we are often shocked that we are there. I sure was.

How do we learn to reach out for help before we hit that place? I am not sure. How do we realize when it starts to spiral out of our control? I has a breakdown... in hindsight, it is probably what saved my life. I was in such a state of desperation, just like I believe heath Ledger was. I had a breakdown, he died. Lord, it is just all so sad.

Don't know what else to say.
reach

Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
(male)

bass11 HB User

just read report also and it sent chills up my spine. what heath was taking is very similar to what I have been on before , oxy ,clonopin, xnax and abien.
my heart goes out to his family, it easily could have been one of us. maybe this will be a wake up call for the nation and some of the problems we have now with prescription drugs

Old 02-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
(female)

mandypaige24 HB User

Why do people mix all of this crap thinking that they are above this very outcome. Our bodies, our lives, are on loan to us all. We should be treating them as temples not as dumpsters with no bottom!!!!!!!! Makes me so angry. Now a little girl will lead a life without her father....

Old 02-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Mandy

Not to be argumentative, but just a fact of my own drug abuse.... I didn't think in terms of dying when I was abusing, I thought in terms of being afraid to live. Fear was an overpowering fact of my life on a daily basis. The drugs helped me hide, for a while, from my fears.

The thinking gets clouded when under drugs' masking properties. I believe from my own experiences that heath Ledger was just overwhelmed by many things and that he sought relief from a tormented mind in the drugs. Yes, it is horrendously sad that he is gone and has left special people to live with it. When we live with a tormented mind, it is hard to see the ramificatons of what we do. I don't think he sought death, only relief from life.

reach

Old 02-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

I feel the same way reach, No arguments here just feelings.

I have abused Alchol basically my entire life, Vicoden and Oxy just recently.
I believe I have done this to escape the reality of my life. My tormented mind as you said. I suffer from ADD, Anxiety, depression and a few others.
I first tried to get the help I needed from of the Doc's. Nothing I tried could end the torment and the pain I felt until I found a bottle. The bottle worked for a long time but I knew it was a crutch (and Killing me) and got sober (also a ruff ride).
I fell a$$ backwards when I started the pills.
The doc gave them to me? why not?

Now I know the torment is inside me and I have to fix it myself without a crutch or it will never end. Or it may end like our dearly departed Heath.

I just have to pray for strengh everyday. One day at a time.

Peace
Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-07-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #8
(female)

mandypaige24 HB User

Reach,
No offense taken. I know that many more times than not the intentions of an addict are not to end life. Thank you for putting that gently. However, I am offering the perspective of the loved ones being affected. I am here to try and understand it all. Sometimes my emotions speak louder in writing. Sorry to be too harsh if infact it came across that way.

Mandy

Old 02-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

mandy its ok, these guys know how hard it is for us to watch our loved ones suffer..i keep trying to think like an addict to get in my sons shoes..i can understand that when addicts abuse they are not thinking about death, they are thinking about numbing..at least thats what i get from it. if im wrong we will hear about it..

Old 02-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Exactly Jules!
I never intended to kill myself with my abuse. Like you said I was only thinking about numbing!
I would also like to add that I have been: selfish, selfcentered, selfabsorbed, not to mention a real A**hole.
Peace.

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-07-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: add some truth

Closed Thread