It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

Lisa62 HB User
31 Days Clean and counting...

I am happy to say that it has been 31 days since I used opiates. I still don't feel "normal", whatever that is, but I feel pretty good. I am able to exercise, which for me, is the ONE thing that makes me feel really good. I am having mental slumps that last a couple of days and then disappear. But it is Winter and I am getting sick of all the cold and snow, so maybe that is to be expected. I still think about pills and wish I didn't crave them but I hope that will fade eventually. I am making sure I am not in a situation where they would be available. For all you long time recovered folks, does this sound normal? Did you have slumps that lasted for a few days? Did you just ride them out?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
(male)

acaptainn HB User
Re: 31 Days Clean and counting...

HOOOOOOOOARAY !!!!!!!!!!! FOR YOU, you give me inspiration T.Y.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Hey Lisa.... YOU ROCK!! I've been watching your progress all along and am very happy for you to have gotten so far. It's definately not easy, but you have shown the strength and ability to get through it - I applaud you for that!! Sure, the mental slumps will come n go - but once you 'teach' your mind hw to get past them - and WHY you are doing this - you'll be fine....actually, you'll be BETTER than fine.

Again, congrats!! Please don't do as sooooo many others who have gotten clean do and split when you're all better - you are an inspiration to everyone as well with your success story. =)

Ad yeah, I have had those slumps too....they WILL pass.... It varies from person to person, but they eventually go away.

My hat's off to you darlin'!!

tat*

*******And Michells....if you're reading this....WHERE TO HECK ARE YA??????? LOLOL......

Old 02-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Lisa

So happy to hear of your continued strength and forward moving. Mental slumps are pretty normal at first. Just keep pushing at them with your exercise. And yes, we do all have slumps even in the most normal of circumstances.... I think they just pop up more easily as we first are off the drugs.

Lisa, I still think about the pills, but not with the sense of craving them. I think about them because they caused such a profound impact on my life. It has been sixteen months since I began tapering and 7-8 months since I have used them. I think about them when I read of Britney Spears, Heath Ledger, when I see my friends on pain meds and see where it is leading them. I think of them and feel profound sadness that they are such a problem to so many, that they are the ruination of so many lives. For me, the only thing to miss bout them is the crummy life they sucked me into. For me, there are no pleasant memories connnected with my using. They had long stopped providing pain relief for me either physically or mentally and ultimately provided me with nothing but misery.

You keep that forward momentum strong, Friend. Soon, the days will all meld into plain old life with no pills and happiness. Plain old life and happiness... it is a wonderous thing! Smiles.

Always with hope
reach

Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
(female)

Lisa62 HB User

Thank you all. I really needed to hear your kind words. I am sticking to it as best I know how.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:31 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

lisa congratulations..keep up the fight..

Old 02-07-2008, 07:07 AM   #7
(female)

Seeking2change HB User

Oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Hey Lisa!!

Wow its seems like just yesterday we were counting two days clean, three days clean....and now thirty one days clean!! Congrats!!! Are you having the cravings still??

Winnie

Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
(female)

Lisa62 HB User

Winnie, I can't lie, I still have cravings. But I am trying to figure out when and why. Mainly when I am alone and having a pity party or something stressful happens. I still glorify the original high I got even though that feeling was LONG gone and yet I continued to take them. I am exercising as much as I can because really, don't you always feel better if you do? Even if it is just a walk, you always feel better. I am swimming like a crazed person. If I could make myself remember that I always feel great after exercise and like Hell after using drugs and NOT the opposite, I will get far. It is not easy but I am trying to have positive thoughts. Some of the sad feelings I had that led me to abuse are still there but I am trying to deal with them differently. I also watch the show Intervention sometimes to freak myself out. Scared straight. Hang in there Winnie, you know you can do it.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

The cravings are still hanging around but hopefully in time they will ease up. I to am finding new thngs to do each day... things I forgot I enjoyed. I joined a fitness club and started working out and yes it feels so good!! It amazing how much this drug takes away from your life. Well hang in there and I will check in on you now and then!!!

Winnie

Old 02-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

congrats lisa ! keep it up - it gets better everyday

well done

yoss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Closed Thread