It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
In a Bind... not sure what to do???

Hey all,

My support family.. Here's the deal: I'm at the end of my taper.. I've made it to 2mgs a day! I'm still shaky on that.. like yesterday I felt good, but today I feel weird.. very anxious. And I know part of that is because I only have like 5 crumbles of 2mgs left. And I know it's not enough to successfully taper the way I would want to. To get more medicine, I would have to pay this Dr another 200 bucks, on top of the oh, let's just even it out at around 2 GRAND I've already spent... for a small prescription and 10 minutes of his time. Is it worth it? Will I be ok if I just jump now? I'm scared of getting sick because I have to go to work.. we are very small and 2 are out now on maternity leave.. so I'm all the dependence my Boss has right now. I just don't know what to do. I've came so far to get discouraged now.. and I know there's no going back. I wouldn't even entertain that thought. I just am at a quandry.. Any advice would be appreciated.. I called the Dr's office to speak to the lady who manages everything there. Maybe she'll call me back so I can speak to her..

Just feel kinda lost right now..

g8trgrl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
(male)

rlsmith04 HB User
Re: In a Bind... not sure what to do???

Im a little farther along than you but not by much. I havent been on here in a while. I have been faithfully taking anwhere from 4-8mg a day. Honestly Im just sick of having this crap control me from the percs to the suboxone.I stopped CT last Wednesday so I am at 1 week. The WDs are nowhere near as bad as I have had with percs but not as easy as I had thought. My plan was to keep taking Ambien and basically sleep for a week to avoid the WDs. Im having very little of the toliet problems and the aches and pains only lasted for about 2 days(I am counting 2 days after the 72 hour halfilfe of the Suboxone). I had very low energy for 3 days but seems to be getting better. My main problem is not being able to sleep even when taking Ambien. It puts me right to sleep but Im up again in 2 hours wide awake. I keep trying to find out on here what the average time it takes to get over the suboxone WDs but havent really found any answeres that suit me. Some people know what they are talking about on here but some stuff is just off the wall too. If you need to talk sometime let me know I think I can kinda help you prepare for what I am currently going through. Looking back at older posts your and mine situation seem similar.

Last edited by rlsmith04; 02-06-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
(male)

TJinPA HB User

Hi G8trgrl - I am also tapering from sub and I have found OTC energy pills to be very helpful. I know the feeling that you are talking about and the energy burst stuff really does help. All the caffene gives me a headache so I take Ibuprophen with them.

REmember that 1/2 of what you are feeling is psychological... I know that is easy to say. You have come very far and you are an inspiration to me.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

rlsmith,
yes, I'm definately interested in hearing more about how you felt/were when you first came off. That's my main concern.
Please tell more...

Thanks,
g8trgrl

Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
(male)

rlsmith04 HB User

First 3 days were almost normal on the 3rd day started feeling WDs a little bit. 4th day it started hitting me but not as bad as with the percs. It was bad but nothing I couldnt handle considering I have been through this so many time before suboxone. Now I am going day to day everyday is different. Bothers me the most of the time while I sittting around with nothing to do. I try to stay as busy as much as I can with little energy. My main problem is not being able to sleep even while taking Ambien. I am working EMS now so we are staying busy and that does help. A hot shower/bath seems to give some temporary relief. Im at day 7 off Sub. I will keep you updated.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:05 AM   #6
(male)

rlsmith04 HB User

I seem to be slowly getting better is some areas, almost normal in some areas, and no change for the good in other areas.
Cravings for percs are totally not there. Some very light creepy crawly feeling but this is going away quickly. My only problem I have is with imsomnia. I have hardely slept in 3 days even while using 5mg Ambien.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

can i make a suggestion? ambien in 10 mg is most prescribed and works better..do not eat anything after6pm take it on an empty stomach..the difference is amazing..it will help you sleep, i can almost promise.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #8
(male)

rlsmith04 HB User

I have really been taking 10mg (2 5mg tabs) I have been eating though maybe that is making a difference. If I could only get rid of that nagging problem of not being able to sleep I think I might just have these Suboxone WDs beat. Im now at Day 8 and most of the normal/standard WDs are totally manageable and getting a little better and better each day. This is my last night working EMS night shift so at least if I cant sleep it will be in the comfort of my own home. I can sleep or not on the sofa and wont have to bother anyone with the constant restlessness.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

G8tr.... Listen, save the $200 to buy me something cool. You can tackle this! From following your progress all along....I can tell that you're such a strong chick....save your dough and just get off these things. It's mostly in your mindset - and you are tough.

So Darlin'.....JUST DO IT! I am here for you 110% - if you need anything - anything at all - I'll sit here with you 24/7 to help you get through this if need be....all ya hafta do is ask, k?

Be strong.

tat*

Old 02-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hey There Great

What's happening? Come share.

reach

Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Thanks, Tad..

I think you're right. If that's the case, It's time to go to 1mg today.. Lord bless me. Just the thought.. lol But my former Dr didn't have the common courtesy to e-mail me back OR call me. That's what sucks. You put so much trust in people and they let you down. Oh well, who needs them. With the weekend coming up, I'll just do what I have to do.. take a little bit whenever I start to feel bad. Hopefully I can space it out like that. It starts for me with feeling like I have a fever, and achy sort of.. butterflies in my stomach, so it's like a full w/d. I just didn't expect it to be like this. The Dr didn't tell me that it could be hard to get off the sub. I didn't hear about that until I got to group and on here. That's another thing that bothers me. I think the Dr needs to be up front and say that it could be a little hard to get off of.
AND THE BAD THING IS I KNOW MOST OF THIS IS MENTAL!!!! AAAGH! I just don't know how to make it go away.. ya know? So yes, Tad.. I need all the support I can get right now. You do that and I will buy you something special.. lol

Brandi

Closed Thread