It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User
Zero Day Starts Today!!

ZERO!!

I decided to DO IT today!.

Hello to all and God bless this board.

I am doing a rapid detox off Oxy and had quite a bit of trouble. I think (KNOW) the worst is past now. I have gone from 80 to 120mg per day down to 5mg per day in about 2 weeks time. I am very pig headed and refuse to let myself slip back. If I think about slipping back I feel like I am cheating myself or even stealing from myself. I hate getting cheated and robbed. Seems to work for me.

This has been hell and I feel trapped.
A dear friend of mine told me that there is a road into hell and there is also a road out.

I had been taking my 5mg of Oxy at around 7AM each morning for about 4 days and that only lasted a bit.

I feel pretty good this morning compared to some of my past mornings and I KNOW I can do this today!

It is after 11:00AM and my little piece of magic still sits in it's usual spot untaken. I think I'm more afraid of not having any in my system might make me freak. Then I think again and I have pretty much already done that ;-)

The vision is getting better. I am able to read much easier but driving is still tough.

Sleeping is a real bummer still. I got 4 hrs last night and that more than i've had in a while. I think maybe since I have decided that today is the day it may have helped?

I had actually planned on totally quitting by last weekend but decided to take it a little slower. I don't know if that just prolonged my agony or helped ease the pain.

A good hot shower does wonders!!

One day at a time. I will post frequently with my progress.

Peace to all and many Thanks!!
Baja

Wavin to Bass, acaptainn and last but not the least REACH!!
God Bless

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-07-2008 at 07:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Zero Day Starts Today!!

Hi Baja

Just wishing you strength here. For me, there was an element of excitement as I came off, like the excitement of accomplishment. It helped keep the momentum going for me to get through it all.

The sleep... oh, man, was that an issue for me. For some time I would wake up every morning and think and wonder if I was going to get any sleep that night. I tried not to think about it, but at times it truly consumed me. I finally decided that if I couldn't get rid of the thought that I better get proactive about doing something with it. What did I do? I started to get physically busy every time it popped up and did things that I logically knew would make me tired. I walked, cleaned, did whatever I could to tire out the body. If I found myself wondering at 2 PM about sleep at 11PM, I did what I copuld to try and ensure it. It wasn't a cure-all, but it helped.

Stay active and help move the process along. We feel better mentally when we help our bodies as much as we can.

Stay strong, Friend
reach

Old 02-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks REACH,

I feel pretty decent today. I haven't had my fix in almost 30 hours now and have been keeping my mind on other things.

This board if you can tell for one :-)
Thanks again for your wisdom and help.
Keep you posted.
Baja - (On the road out and never going back)
Peace..

Old 02-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hello All.
Just past my 48 hrs at 7AM !!

I am having sleep trouble. I'm totally exhausted by 9PM but just can't seem to get to sleep. I took 2 excedrin PM a couple of days ago and my wife told me I was talking in my sleep, flailing around, stealing the covers:-) only slept 4 hours.

Last night I took only 1 excedrin PM and slept for 4 hours but I took some advise from REACH. REACH said to try to do something I knew would make my body tired so at 2 AM I got up, got dressed and went for a walk. Yep at 2AM. My driveway to my home is 1/4 mile long so I just walked to the mailbox and back and I had a cigarette.

I tried to lay back down and no luck. So I listened to REACH and did the walk again.

It worked this time. I fell back asleep for another 2 hours or so.

Thanks REACH!!

I really feel pretty good this morning. Pretty pumped about 2 days clean.

Still have the loose stool.
I also feel chilly or cold all the time? Normal? Does anyone have any feedback on that one?

I did just get up at 6AM so I'll chime in again with my progress.

Peace
Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-08-2008 at 05:37 AM.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #5
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Chilz An Sweats Are Very Common, Im At Work Sooo Gotta Go

Old 02-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #6
(male)

bass11 HB User

hey baja ,
the chills are very present in me even though im still taking doses. another sypmtom im having today is the ecessive yawning, I didnt sleep to well last night may be the reason . YOUR DOING GREAT THOUGH , and a great inspiration to me to follow you. Im cutting my dose intakte today by about a 1/4 of a pill , well see how that works out. great job and keep me posted BASS

Old 02-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks Bass & Capt.
Chime in when you can Capt.

Bass
I have the yawning also. I saw in another post that someone had the same situation and this person said it was the Oxy repressed your system. This person said they couldn't complete the yawn, like get the full yawn in. I have that sometimes but mostly I get the full yawn. This person said that when the full yawns come back it is a sign of healing. Not a Doc but makes a little sense.

Cutting and Counting. It won't last forever.
Your doing fine.
Thanks for all your help. Keep me posted..

peace..

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-08-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Hi All!!

The sleeping part just plain sucks!!! I'm close to a month clean and still have the sleeping problem. It has gotten better but not a full night yet. Right now my biggest problem are the cravings....they are driving me nuts!!!

This will probably be your biggest battle you have ever fought. I know for me it will be a life long battle....but I'm determined to make it. Somedays I just want to give in... it's to frustrating..but I pick my butt up off the floor and drag it with me because I have to keep going. When people told me it does get better soon you will see the light...it was soooooooooo hard to believe them but honestly it does and soon you will see the light also. Hang in there and keep up posted!!

Winnie

Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Not Only Does Life Get Better It Gets Wayyyyyyyyy Better, An Surprisingly Fast As Far As Financially, An Well For Me I Get My Sex Life Back Tooo As Well As Manyy Othr Things.

Any Of You Having To Work? I Am An That Just Bites.

P.s. Narc Anon Can Be Very Helpfull If You Havent Been To A Meeting I Would Suggest It, An Keep Going Back.also Know That If You Dont Like The Meeting You Go To Try A Different One , You Will
Find One Ur Comfy In. You Do Not Have To Speak If You Dont Wanna And A Higher Power Isnt God Unless You Want It To Be, Plz Try Some Meetings If U Havent.

Catcha All Later

Closed Thread