It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
(female)

kvent HB User
Has anyone been sucessfully weaned off subutex??

Hi everyone, My name is Karen and im new to this board.
Ive been on subutex for 10 months due to a morphine dependency.
I got stable on 16mgs for a few months and over the last 6 months have been weaning down.
The doctor went at my pace and if i had any problems he put me back up on the dosage.
I have a hell of a time going from 7mgs down to 6mg. I dont know i was able to go down with every other dosage drop but somehow i couldnt go down. After going back up and trying it several times i sucessfully got to 6mgs.
Im only on 1mg now and im at the point im skipping days according to the doctors wean schedule.
The problem is i have all the withdrawl symptoms and i feel like ****.
I cant sleep, have diareaha, chills, and excruiting headaches.
i tried going off a couple months ago and things were worse then this.
i had the feeling like i wanted to jump out of my skin, to literly pull my skin off.
i know if i call my doctor he will just put me back up to 2mgs, what good is that going to do.
I need off, ive spent over 4000 dollars so far on treatment and cant afford much more.
i would love to hear anyones advice as to what to do.
Do i go back up, or live with the withdrawl...
Ive heard people say if they go slow the withdrawl would be painless, Im starting to wonder if thats all a falicy.
I would love to hear just one person who has gone off.
I also want to know if i go off now how long will the withdrawl symptoms last?

Thank you for your time, Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: Has anyone been sucessfully weaned off subutex??

Karen, our stories sound soooooo the same. I'm down to 2mgs from 24 a day. It's funny how these Dr's don't warn you that this stuff can be hard to come off of. I had a hard time going from 6 to 4, or 6 to 5. It was very hard. And now, I think I'm stabilizing on 2.. I can't imagine going lower right now though. I've only been on it for 5 months.. So I want to get off of it quick.. the sooner the better. There are some people here that have successfully done it. But some have minimal discomfort while others.. it's bad. So maybe they can tell you, and me.. the best way to do this. Hang in there.. know that there's others out here just like you.

g8trgrl

Old 02-26-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
(female)

zelda77 HB User

Libruim and Provigil will help with detox. I am on my fourth day off Subutex. I dropped 6mg in 3 weeks.I feel like having flu and a stomach bug! When will this end??? It is ok if you don't have children or have to go to work. You can take medications to ease symptoms. I must say the cramps in my legs is weird!

Last edited by zelda77; 02-26-2008 at 05:24 AM.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
(male)

bilxj1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvent View Post
I got stable on 16mgs for a few months and over the last 6 months have been weaning down.
The doctor went at my pace and if i had any problems he put me back up on the dosage.
I have a hell of a time going from 7mgs down to 6mg. I dont know i was able to go down with every other dosage drop but somehow i couldnt go down. After going back up and trying it several times i sucessfully got to 6mgs.
Im only on 1mg now and im at the point im skipping days according to the doctors wean schedule.
i had the feeling like i wanted to jump out of my skin, to literly pull my skin off.
i know if i call my doctor he will just put me back up to 2mgs, what good is that going to do.
I need off, ive spent over 4000 dollars so far on treatment and cant afford much more.
Ive heard people say if they go slow the withdrawl would be painless, Im starting to wonder if thats all a falicy.

Look on the message board home detox, this may help you with some of the W/D.

Good luck.

I would like to know how it goes. Me hsband is having the same problem as you. he is scared to get lower that 6 mg.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
(female)

kvent HB User

Hi all, im still wondering if anyone is struggling from trying to come off of subutex. Ive been off compelety for 2 weeks now and feel like ****.
I wonder how long this is going to last??

Quote:

Old 04-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
(male)

JunkYardSaint HB User

Quote:

I hear success stories quite often, and as a matter of fact before coming to this forum was just reading a post where someone wrote " i know 6 ppl who have weaned off sub here in the UK after 1 year or 4 years of use and are months and years clean and didnt suffer too much because they started on 12mg or 8mgs then slowly worked themselves down."

I know one person, he's kind of a 'hero' to me, he detoxed himself off of methadone and took his time doing it, he is very successful. I've heard lots of people tell me that it's a whole lot easier to detox off of bup or sub than methadone, but with either of them they always recommend one slowly titrate down. I would say that you are right where you're supposed to be. Don't panic about not being far down enough because you are actually already a success. From where I sit I'd say you're doing GREAT, you are maintaining on a very low dose of bupe, and if you have to stay there for awhile before you can make the next jump so be it - it will only better your chances at success once you are free of it.

Good luck - I can recommend some other sites for more info if you like - if you can message me please feel free to or let me know in response to this post, I have links to lots of info on bupe as I've been considering it myself.

Closed Thread