It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
(male)

acaptainn HB User
Well here i go, an yep im skeered

Finished the last of my pills a bit ago, i did taper but NOT very well.I dunno what you call it LACK of will power i guess ,but ive always done this ( takin them faster than planned ) maybe im just that good at being an ADDICT.

I had a discussion w/my wife that i just dont know if im strong enuff to do it w/o help I.E. suboxone or some othr EASY way out.

Another worry is having to take off work which i really cant afford to do
I did take off last year about this time to detox and told my empoyer. They said ok but you only get one chance.On the other hand there has been a lot of sick folks there in the past week soooo it might not look to bad if i do have to take off.

The fear of the unpleasantness to come SUX. An hopefully it wont be as bad as my mind is telling me it will be.

I just needed to share,THANKS for listening

Old 02-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
(male)

acaptainn HB User
Re: Well here i go, an yep im skeered

A question i have clonodine patches left from a previous try at detox, i cant remember how effective they were othr than i did take it off aftr about a week due to dizzyness.

Any opinions on the helpfullness of them? And how long it takes for hem to begin working?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
(female)

jponline HB User

you obviously feel motivated so this is as good a chance as it gets, you are worring about life sucking without drugs but boy is it gona suck big time if you keep taking them,you want to do it! illness at work is giving you the chance to take time off! Mind over matter is powerful so stop thinking negative, think positive, write lists for and against, and go the natural route if you can, the diamonds on this board will help you big time if you are ready, just make that first step.
Good Luck
I look forward to reading about your progress,

My daughter is currently in prison, big heroin/crack addict
so a success story gives me hope.

Millions of prayers are sent your way.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey acaptainn.

I know how your feelin right now.

When I started to cut the people at work were all really getting sick. I really never do get to sick, maybe a little cold here and there but people around me were getting bad.

When I started cutting, I started feelin it. It was obvious to the people around me that I wasn't feeling too good and seemed to be getting worse. BINGO.

I took some sick time. I can't afford to take the time off financially (In Michigan, things are really bad now) but I knew that I couldn't afford not to and get off this stuff.

I'm four days clean working on five and I feel like I could work on Monday. I will see how I feel tonight or in the morning before I decide.

Just like jponline says, "Don't worry about it" I know your ready and so do you. Jump Bud.

If a week off of work make a mess, oh well. I know it will be much less of mess than if I stay on the stuff.

I have never even had a speeding ticket and I'm 43yrs old.
I really don't like the thought of prison.

It is O.K. to skeeerd. It was part of it for me to.

When I look back the Skeeerd feelings I experienced, it’s really what is keeping me from going back to the JUNK.

Keep me posted and hang tuff.

Peace..
Baja

Yo REACH, BASS.. Wavin again...

Closed Thread