It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
(male)

MidlineNotFine HB User
Struggling

I detoxed off of alcohol about a month ago. No real problems there. I had been on Stadol for a year and then 40-50 mg/d of hydrocodone for the last year as well. So the last year was drinking and pills.

I detoxed for 12 days. I continued to take 10 mg of hydrocodone for about 10 days after detox. Shouldn't have ... but still have post-op pain.

I'm also bipolar. So I'm on a cocktail of antidepressants, anti-spasmodics (for the pain ... doesn't work) and Restoril for sleep (doesn't work either but they don't want me on Ambien ... strange they would prefer me on 30 mg/d of benzos).

Anyways, I felt pretty good ("normal") for the first time this past Tuesday. But yesterday and today I'm actually having withdrawal symptoms and am really depressed. This is the fourth time - 2x in hospital and now twice out. Is this normal? I have cold sweats, crawling flesh, rapid heartbeat and neck pain to name some of the symptoms.

Any help is appreciated. I am presently undergoing 9 hours of intensive outpatient counseling each week, one hour of one-on-one counseling and one hour of psychiatric counseling. I also meditate daily. So I'm really trying. It's just really hard. No one said anything about withdrawal symptoms four times over! Ugh. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Struggling

Hello Midline

Nice to meet you.

It sounds to me, Friend, that what you are going though, while miserable, is about par for the course. It takes quite abit of time for the body and brain to level out after coming off narcotics. Your brain and body need the time to start working and producing what they need all on their own after a period of our artificially providing chemicals for them. Consistent and prolonged drug use, abuse affects every system of our bodies. They all time time to regroup and repair and the symptoms we endure are part of that working processI am very glad you are seeking counseling during this time. It is a really needed thing. Good for you.

The Sample Home Detox, the second thread on this board, can offer a lot of information that can help us no matter where we are in detoxing and striving for recovery. Also, to the extent you can, force yourself to be physically active.... walk, ride a bike, clean the house. The physical activity can help speed the process up.

Be well and come share again.

Best wishes
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
(male)

MidlineNotFine HB User
Re: Struggling

Thanks Reach. I'll keep at it. And I am keeping active with painting rooms and weights. I appreciate your support and I'll read that post to which you referred.

Peace.

Closed Thread