It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 03:19 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User
Cool Five days clean and working on Six. Man what a difference! Too Cool

Baja Chimin in.

A little early this morning but I can deal with 4 hours of sleep and still function.

When I was told that there is a road into hell and there is also one out, I kinda knew the road out was going to be a little ruff. I just locked in four wheel drive and buckled my belt.

Honest, the ride has been and will still be a ruff one for a while but I feel sooooo much better.

At least I didn't have to get up and take a pill or 2 or 3 to function (dysfunction) today

Yesterday was excellent for me.

No anxiety other than what I would consider to be normal, at all. Didn't even need a Xanax
Very minor aches.
Loose stool gone. Metamucil maybe or just getting better?
A little of the yawns, also minor.
Depression also manageable. No more than what I would consider to be normal, at all.
Doing the vinegar and honey 2 x per day as REACH suggested. Tons of water, vitamins, food, light on the diet soda (Caffeine has a real kick now).

My vitamins are just a Multi, Vitamin C , Calcium , Zinc ,Magnesium and some immunity boosters I got off the shelf at the local Pharm.

Everyone fight a good fight today. Stay strong and trust me, it gets sooo much better sooo fast. Sometimes I thought it would never end but I listened to you all, and it really is a wonderful feeling (LIFE TODAY that is)

Peace..

Baja

Wavin at REACH, Bass, Acapt and you to Seek.

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-11-2008 at 03:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 03:34 AM   #2
(female)

Jinters HB User
Re: Five days clean and working on Six. Man what a difference! Too Cool

Hiya, jst like to introduce myself, i'm new to all this. I'm a recovering heroin addict and have been on methadone programme for nearly two years now (third attempt) i'm doing really well on 70mls daily, am even getting it weekly pick up now from chemist. Have noticed myself starting to struggle a bit lately after relapsing wee while ago i think due to a bit depression which i think is coming from putting weight on since stopping smoking. Before i was underweight but after stopping smoking and being on the meth ive put on over 2 stone and i HATE it and cant seem to lose it, its getting me down big time and have found myself craving the "kit" again too. Any suggestions? So much for a quick intro.. i seem to have rambbled on abit, my appologies......

Last edited by Jinters; 02-11-2008 at 03:35 AM.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hello Jinters,Welcome

I am kinda new here too but this board is full of Diamonds!
I really would like to credit the friends I've made here for my current success. Talking or typing to another person that is either going through or has gone through what I was going thru is the BEST help I got. My Doc. is also way too cool and smart!!

People listen here.

I also have many injuries and suffer with pain.

in 3 years I ruptured my right achilies tendon, broke my left heal, got hit in the head with a crane and got a concussion the 2 months later fell 15 feet and landed on my back on a concrete slab. Broke three ribs and got another concusion.

I broke my left wrist in there sometime too.

I have nerve damage in my left foot from the heal break and it bothers me from time to time.

I would like to tell you my story, maybe it will help.

First, If I get hurt again (I gave up the dirt bike racing, Duh) I will refuse pain med (NARC). I don't want to get started again. This has not been a fun ride for me.

I have not really had much pain since going clean.

My choice of the magic pill was also Hydro (3+ yrs). Started with injuries and scripts then kept getting worse as far a dosage. I got up to maybe 10 - 10/325 / day at the max. I always tried to do no more than four per day fooling myself by thinking "the Doc said never take more than four" Yeah right! If you know what I mean. Always had a supply so no probs.

Well I made the big mistake of changing to F*****ing Oxy about 6-7 months ago. Cheaper and worked better. Big Mistake. Made things worse. 40mg of Oxy is alot different than 40 mg of hydro!! Not to mention 120 mg/day.

I did a rapid detox off Oxy and had quite a bit of trouble with W/D's. I Know the worst is past now. I went from 80 to 120mg per day (Chewed up too) down to 5mg per day in about 2 weeks time. I am now on day 6 clean.

I am very pig headed and refuse to let myself slip back.

This has been hell and I felt trapped. Not anymore

A dear friend of mine told me that there is a road into hell and there is also a road out.
I get choked up every time I think of it.

Doc gave me MILD doses of Xanax and Librium to help but the depression and anxiety they were still there. Not to mention all the other problems mentioned in this board.

I can say again there are alot of wonderfull people here to help.

Hang in there bud. Good luck
Peace.
Baja

Wavin at REACH, Bass, Acapt. Seek, Harley, TAT. God bless you all

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-11-2008 at 04:51 AM.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

baja, you sound great i dont want to burst your bubble , what i understand is that the detox is the easy part. its the stuff that comes after that is hell like the emotional withdrawels its called PAWS do some research on it just so you are prepared. you sound wonderful and im SURE you are going to stay that way. just want you to not think once you detox that its all in the past...keep up the good work!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:14 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Many Thanks Jules.
I will certainly do some homework today.
I did detox off booze about 8 years ago but I know Oxy and Hydro is different.
I'm hoping that only 6-7 months on the Oxy helps me.

I heard Hydro detox was not as bad as Oxy but I do know that for a fact.

I did the pink cloud when I got Sober and I loved it.

I'm back in the pink cloud again and loving it.
I said this in another post of mine.
even if I get hurt again, I'm saying NO NARC's. Period...

I like the pink cloud and I remember when it turned back to white and even got grey a few times but I stayed off the booze.

If I had only known about how addictive these things were before the Doc gave them to me I would have never started.

Many Thanks. People like you are why I am here.

Peace.

Baja

Old 02-11-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Im veryy happy to hear your feelin good Baja and hangin in there, Im working day 2 today i actaully feel really GOOD, i do have the runs but immodium has helped. Im really just thrilled i feel so well !!!!

This may NOT be as bad as i had imagined since i did taper ( to a point )
it seems im having today what my wifes Fri. was only btr.She IS past the worst an btr evry day

Hello Jinters, hang in there now. My wife and i lost 55lbs a peice over a yrs time by following a Diabetic diet and it was really ez to due as u eat a lil but often i got to where i didnt even want to eat cause i wasnt hungry.

P.S. ive been in chronic pain for 10yrs. and a recent surgery has helped GREATLY ! thank GOD !.. the pain i was having caused many relapses.

But i also know that i DONT like feelling emotions unless there happy, well life isnt always like that as we all know.

As they tell me in N/A once you fix your using problem you have to fix your... Living life problem.

Last edited by acaptainn; 02-11-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey All,
One more thing,

Those puffy eyes are gone?
Cool...

Old 02-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #8
(female)

Jinters HB User

Hey Baja, thanx for taking time to tell me your story, you certainly have been through the wringer man, i take my hat off to you, keep up the good work.
I feel good that i've found this site, it really does help to speak to others who have been through (and are going through) the same ****** so thanx again.x

Last edited by moderator2; 02-12-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: please don't use quote reply, instead, use quick reply

Closed Thread