It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 03:57 AM   #1
(female)

Jinters HB User
Quick intro from newbie seeking advice

Hiya, jst like to introduce myself, i'm new to all this. I'm a recovering heroin addict and have been on methadone programme for nearly two years now (third attempt) i'm doing really well on 70mls daily, am even getting it weekly pick up now from chemist. Have noticed myself starting to struggle a bit lately after relapsing wee while ago i think due to a bit depression which i think is coming from putting weight on since stopping smoking. Before i was underweight but after stopping smoking and being on the meth ive put on over 2 stone and i HATE it and cant seem to lose it, its getting me down big time and have found myself craving the "kit" again too. Any suggestions? So much for a quick intro.. i seem to have rambbled on abit, my apologies......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 07:15 AM   #2
(female)

Seeking2change HB User
Re: Quick intro from newbie seeking advice

Hey, good for you!! You are amazing! I have so much admiration for someone who can climb out of such a deep hole....isn't the light a joy?

As for weight...yea it sux. But we are still more healthy than the alternative. Please stick to a sensible eating plan, eating what you want for healthy foods, 3 meals a day and go for a nice brisk walk every day. That weight will melt off , I promise!
Take care and check back often...I'm here everyday!
Blessings,
Seek

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2008, 02:47 AM   #3
(female)

Jinters HB User
Smile Re: Quick intro from newbie seeking advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking2change View Post
Hey, good for you!! You are amazing! I have so much admiration for someone who can climb out of such a deep hole....isn't the light a joy?

As for weight...yea it sux. But we are still more healthy than the alternative. Please stick to a sensible eating plan, eating what you want for healthy foods, 3 meals a day and go for a nice brisk walk every day. That weight will melt off , I promise!
Take care and check back often...I'm here everyday!
Blessings,
Seek
Thankyou very much and yes it feels brilliant to feel 'normal' after such a long time with a habit and i'm not trying to put a dampner on things with regards to my weight gain but i've tried, believe me, i've cut out most sweet things, ok not all but have been going to a gym (was every day) but nothing was coming off, i don't understand it, maybe i've been expecting too much too soon i dunno but anyway thanx for taking the time to reply was nice to hear from you. xx

Closed Thread