It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User
Thumbs up Starting day SEVEN!!@7AM - Yesterday was the BEST day in a long time..

Hey All,

Chimin in again. Lucky sevens today for me.

I felt really just like normal yesterday. None of the W/D's at all

I forgot to eat lunch ONTIME and started feeling a small bout of anxiety at about 2.

I got home, ate and was fine.

I got 7 maybe 7.5 hrs sleep last night, WOW. Makes a big difference.

I spent quite a bit of time on the PAWS thing yesterday. I even talked to my wife about it and she said she didn't notice any PAWS following my booze abandonment? But then again, My wife claims she couldn't even tell when I was drinking unless to excess. I didn't typically drink to excess, just steady all day with way too much of it. I had a high tollerance too. I was good at hiding it I guess.

When I got sober from the booze monster I also started a health kick. I started the suppliments and vitamins which may have helped me. I am and always have been thin for my height ( 6ft 165-170 lbs) no matter what I eat (My wife HATES it).
My weight went down when I started the Hydro's I think because I wasn't eating. I have always been highly phycially active. I pumped iron in high school and maybe 5 years after but that was mainly for the GIRLS. I never wore a shirt and used to get told the no shirt no service thing a lot in stores or even the shopping mall.

I was a show off back then. Just a Kid. I did it for kicks, Oh yup, the GIRLS too.

I am not worried (Thanks Reach). I found in my research yesterday that PAWS effects us all differently. I am going to do the same thing I did after I dropped the booze habit and pray. I know I'll be O.K.

I am also starting AA/NA meetings on WED (Acapt suggestion). I found one 10 Miles from my home. Hope I like the peep's there! I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Heck, I might just have to start pumping Iron again?
I'll probally keep the shirt on this time

Enough about me,
How's everyone doing? TAT, Seeking, Jitters
Thinking about you Bass, Acapt. How's work going? Chime in and give me an update when you get a chance.

Peace.
Baja.

Wavin at Reachout, bless you Dear!!

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-12-2008 at 05:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
(male)

acaptainn HB User
Re: Starting day SEVEN!!@7AM - Yesterday was the BEST day in a long time..

Baja i recomend you try meetings in several places, im sure you will find one that FITS you better than others. Thats the case with me anyhow.

Acap < shifting into 3rd gear ( on my 3rd day) cause im driving over that hump on our road out .

Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Baja....your enthusiasm is very uplifting. Its awesome to see you doing so great - really it is!! I have come to look forward to your morning posts - its a nice start to the day.

As my good buddy Yoss says....

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!!

Peace,
tat*

Old 02-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks Tat,

My personality trait (Dad and Mom too) never do anything half way.
We always go all out. Very competitive but always in a kind way.

The down side I think is when it comes to my addiction problems. That’s not a good thing to go all out on. I'm going to talk with the Doc's to see if I can resolve something inside like REACH has advised. Maybe it's just me or maybe something is lurking in there that needs to be dealt with.

I grew up with Alcoholics my entire life surrounded with them, most still are.
Might be inherited? If so I can still beat IT.

I'm going after IT this time and I'm goin all out. Keep on Keepin On.

Peace to you Tat
Thanks for the encouragement.

Baja

Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
(male)

bass11 HB User

Good to see you doing well Baja,
Looks like you beat this thing, I on the other hand , is getting scared soon I will be going to zero day, very soon , maybe this weekend so if there are any withdrawls I can just stay home, Work has helped some , IM working 5 hrs a day, today I got a pretty good headache before taking 7.5 mgs , headache is still there and hour later. my vision is still somewhat blurry and probally will be till I get clean. tomorrow will be a 10 mg day, wish me luck . So far I have been sticking to my taper and not going back up. YET!!!!!. will be going to a N/A meeting myself today will let everyone know how it went

thanks Baja for everything, youll be an inspiration for many people to come
KEEP IT UP
BASS

Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Your doing great Bass.

I still get little headaches here and there but nothing bad. I just use asprin and gone.
I do quite a bit of reading and my vision is baked by night. This is not helping the head ache most likely.

Just so you know this, The thread YOU started (the cold turkey one) was the thread that brought me here to this board. Found in in a search.

I owe you big time.

Today is seven and I got more sleep than yesterday but still feel a little tired today. Nothing real bad but yesterday I got half the sleep and I was flying all day. Got more done that day in a long time.

Well it is a journey. I have not cravings for the junk at all. I'm Skeeered!!

I'm thinking I might start a thread or maybe just start using one already here to post to so maybe someone else can benefit. Kinda like one meeting place. Yoss suggested in another post and sonuds like a good idea.

Help me think of a catchy name. I like the happy dance one!!

I'll send up some words to my guy for you to help with the weekend.

You take care.
Peace.
Baja.

Wavin to Reach (Bless you), Acapt, Jules, Yoss, Tat, Seeking. and anyone I've forgot.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey All,

I was just wondering how long does one have to be clean to pass a drug test?
I don't have to take one but it would be nice to know just in case.

I would only need to worry about the Oxy.
I have scripts for all my other meds and don't abuse any other substance (except I still smoke cigarettes) Doc actually told me not to try to quit yet. He didn't want me to bite off more than I could chew.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Peace
Baja.

Yo Bass.....

Old 02-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #8
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Baja , i dont know the answer to the test question, Did you go to a meeting?
I did. BUT no one showed up,lol , so i went and got some magnesium for my legs
and hoping to sleep real good tonite , i had only a coupla shots a espresso this a.m.(and i was in HIGH gear)instead of 6-8 thru the day while using.

Bass i had so much anxiety over my last pills and WHAT A RELIEVED feeling when they were gone. NO MORE WORRING about the nxt dose. I was using about 25 mg. a day when i went C/T and havnt missed work or really felt horrible at all.

YOU WILL DO FINE .Im sure

Last edited by acaptainn; 02-12-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

No one showed up at your meeting? does that happen often?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Capt.
My Meeting is Wednesday at 10AM.
I'm gunna be there!

I did great today, Don't miss it a bit.

I went out and bought non caffiene DEW today. I drank two regular DEW's this morning and I was Zinging big time!!
I also bought some more of the supliments from the home detox page. Don't have them all but I feel Great!!

Only had one tiny bit of anxiety and I shook it off myself. Only lasted a bit.

Don't sweat it Bass,
You'll be just fine.

Like Acapt said, For me the taper was the hard part. I did go kinda fast.

Once I went to zero I started to feel better very quickly and soooo much better every day. I think just knowing I don't need that junk makes me feel better.

You guys have a good nite.

Peace.
Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-12-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #11
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Jules,,It never happens but where i went a hadnt been for somtime, so maybe there days changed, it used to be at noon evryday.

Closed Thread