It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
(male)

lnhguy HB User
A month has passed

well a month has passed and i never thought that i would have made it here. in the beginning it seemed so far away. now looking back it was just a quick flash of time. been meaning to write this i have just been real busy and anytime i was on here i was just lurking. well what can i say??? its been different. can't really describe it sooo many thoughts, feelings all good and bad. i think that the biggest thing for me was to keep it in the moment and to take what came at me only at that time. i think i have dealt with more in the last month than i have in the last 5 years. many days for me i have so wanted to go back to that lifestyle but something has kept me from going there. what it is yet i have not figured out but it must be good. i know i don't want to go there but something in me just thinks about it at times. so even at a month everday is a struggle. not that it is bad just once in awhile i'll get this urge but it quickly goes. its an eerie reminder of such great evil. well all complaining aside its been great. life is good over here in this neck of the woods. marrige is doing very well. kids are great. everything is just peachy keen. i mean really what more could i ask for in life. oh, and everytime i have one of those urges i just think about all of these beutiful things and ask myself why i would want to give them up. DUH!!! hey life aint a bowl of cherries but you take what you can get and make the best of it. i am so happy with life right now. it is just great. not being all f@?$ed up on pills has been a good thing so i can enjoy the simple things in life, talking with the wife, playing games, sleding, birthdays. Ahh work. work was always a place where i focused alot of attention(from 7-3:30) and i had lost that. now that is back too. music music music. snowmobiling. ahh i could just go on and on. this board was a huge help at the time when i needed it most and all of you deserve a huge round of applause. hey yoss, reach hope all is well. winnie you still hanging in there???

"our family is a circle of love and strength. with every birth and every union, the circle grows. every joy shared adds more love. every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger."

nhguy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: A month has passed

Hey Inhguy!

What a great ending to my evening here to see your post!

I am so glad that life holds some simple pleasures and happiness again! That is such good news.

Things are for me much as they are for you. Enjoying my family, doing little things everyday, just living in peace.

Stay strong, Friend, and celebrate the days. Good times, bad times, just all a part of our lives and experiencing life. And now we do truly experience from in the midst of it and not from some hazy hiding place. Yes!

Always with hope
reach

Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Inhguy,

Thank you for your post You are an inspiration - being clean for a month, and sharing it with us all. Sometimes, I feel as though I'll never get back to the life I once had. I worry that I'll never be able to stop using and I'm afraid that it'll take forever to be "me" again however, you've shown me that it really doesn't take too long. Of course, everyone is different, but I've heard that it takes a year to get back to normal (yikes, that is SO scary) but you've been clean for a month and feel so good.

Thanks so much for sharing - it was very encouraging to read The more stories I hear (about getting clean and being happy again) the more I want to succeed as well.

Love and hugs,
emsmom

Old 02-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Hi Inhguy!!!

Yes I'm still here and also a month clean. I had a little slip a few weeks ago but have recovered. Cheers to us!!! This has been a battle thats for sure!! Anyway I'm finding new things each day that I enjoy to do that I totally forgot about. I joined a gym and started woking out three times a week. It feels good to know that your doing something good for your body and most of all it helps.

I try to sick around as much as I can here to offer any advice I can to the new people here. I don't know what I would of done without all the responses I got when I was at my lowest point. I guess it kinda helps me stay clean because I never want to go back to what most of these people are going through now. I walked in the shoes they are walking in now and never want to put them on again.

Once again Congrats on your success!!

Winnie

Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hey inhguy

great news amigo

i knew you could do it. just 'keep on keepin on' as someone round here says a lot
im glad to hear that your life is starting to slot back into place - the urges you have are what i like to call 'the voice' - he'll always be there - never goes away, but in time he becomes less audible, until you dont even notice he's there.

i wish you all the very best for the future my friend.

take care.

ps - snowmobiling - now thats sounds like my kind of rehabilitation

yoss

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read"

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 02-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
(female)

Seeking2change HB User

Well, I don't have a month (yet) but I'm in NH too!!

are you as sick of this weather as me??

Oh wait a minute, you have a sled!

LUCKY!!

Closed Thread