It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #16
(male)

acaptainn HB User
Re: Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

Hey Baja its awesome to see ya feelin sooo good ,, sad to say my wife an i had a lilcrash on the road out, fri nite we had toooo mch fun, im sure ya know what i mean, well the car is outta the ditch an here we go agin,, i,ll check black latrs

Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi Lori.

When I detoxed off of hydrocodone, soma, codeine, and dihydrocodeine, I had tingling in my hands and feet--it felt like they were going to sleep. I massaged my feet and they felt ice cold; that's when I thought I was dying. I massaged them a lot because it seemed to help. I reckon they have heating pads, hot water bottles... on the sticky detox thread at the beginning of this board for this symptom. I think it is a warning sign that these drugs are hard on the heart. Jmho, though.

Baja: Your doing great, friend. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

mk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #18
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Baja.... I just had to tell ya Brother that you are doing great!! I think I've said this before - but it's definately worth saying again....but your posts truly are inspiring.

And acap - no worries....chit happenns - dont drive yourself cray about slipping. It happens to us all at one point or another. Just get back n the horse, and start trotting again!

logalind....great idea bout hitting those meetings - not sure if you've been to any yet or not, but they are really good for the head. As far as the anxiety, it too - like all other coming clean symptoms - will pass....eventually.

Keep up the AWESOME work friends.....it's stories like all of yours that make this place great!!

Peace,
tat*

Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #19
(female)

Angiejr2 HB User

Hi Baja! Been away from the board for a couple of days--sober days I am so thrilled to read how well you are doing! You go!! Skiing....my 16 DD is trying to talk me into that--I must admit I miss it---but feeling like I am too old to try again, I know...your never to old....phttttt! Just wanted to bop in to say hi---your enthuiasim is very contagious in everyones recovery....thank you for that, cause the demon is tugging at me to cave in, after reading what you write, I am not giving into this posion! Have a great Sunday

~Angie

Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 AM   #20
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hello All my friends!

Baja is feelin' GREAAAT!

I sometimes can't believe it. I'm really on day 13. Lucky 13 they say.

Thinking back, It was worth all the pain and agony. I wouldn't dare touch another just thinking about going thru that again will keep this addict on the clean path. That Skeeered me big time and I like to think I ain't Skeered of nothing. I am skeered of that junk.

I slept like a baby again. I got about a solid 6 hrs last night. I had been so productive I sometimes surprise myself.

I have been eating 3 times a day and still hitting the suppliments which I know is helping me with the energy.

I am slowly getting back my tollerance for caffeine however I am limiting it to just one or two cans of DEW per day. I don't need another problem. I have to Quit smoking cigs and plan on starting that journey towards the end of march. I'm going to see how my stress goes before I do that.

Hello logalind
My fingers tingled also but not too much. I live in MI and it is so cold here in the winter I may not have noticed it as a symtom of W/D as much as you do. My hands are usually always tingling when I go outside especially when we get the -20 wind chill.
Breathing and praying helped my anxiety along with doing something to keep busy and keep my mind off the junk. I did the quick taper under the supervision of my Doc. My Doc gave me a couple of scripts to help with anxiety in small doses and small quan because they are BENZOS. And he didn't want me trading the Oxy for Xanax and Librium.
I have been directed to take 3 10mg librium per day and I have .25mg xanax tabs if I start FREAK OUT. Doc only gave me 30 of each and no refills. I have to see him in his office each week to monitor my progress. I have only used maybe 4 or 5 of the Xanax in 3 weeks and I have taken the limrium as directed. I'm Skeeered of the BENZOS too. I never had a benzo problem (I personally don't feel like I get a buzz off them?) but I don't need that creeping up on me. Doc and I won't let that happen.

Hey Capt!
No big deal. I got you riding in my convoy here and we ain't leavin' no one behind. You are only human and sometimes we fall down. I wouldn't be here if I had not fallen down.

Just get the spare tire put on and flush all those other spare tires if you know what I mean and we will get rolling outta this H*LL HOLE. Buddy, It is soooo worth it. I feel excellent.

A special HUG to REACH. Thanks Hun. Your a Blessing.

I bet Tat is smilin' right about now. Mornin' TAT. Hows it going Bud..

Thanks to all.
and I'll keep everyone up to date.

Oh, Things are going much better with my wife. I actually got her to speak to my Doc (her Doc too) and it really did make a big difference. I now am not fearing about getting served with papers.

I don't mean any disrespect to the Ladies here but I think I told here when she was on a cycle if you know what I mean. That may explain some of the reaction. She has calmed down dramatically and is now being supportive. I feel much better about that.

Peace.
Baja

Old 02-19-2008, 03:39 AM   #21
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Morning Friends

Here I am on day 14.
What can I say but WOW.

I feel great. Now signs of W/D's at all. No sign of PAWS either.
I'm riding the pink cloud..

Things are working much better with the wife and we are on the same page now which make me feel soooo much better. I really needed that one!

I'm Praying for the strength keep on keepin on.

I have yet another chance at life. I am not going to head down that road again.

I chime in later.

Bless all of you.

Thanks so much.

Peace,
Baja.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-11-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:06 AM   #22
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Youre da man ! im sooooo happy for you, doing ok here .still havin rsl and lower leg cramps at night tho, the magnesium doesnt seem to help but im taking it anyway,along with my othr vitamins,

Have a grrrreat day all !

Old 02-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #23
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Sweet Capt.

It part of what will remember the next time I get offered some OX.

I'm sayin' NOPE.

Keep up the good work, It will all pass soon.

Peace
Baja

Old 02-20-2008, 03:43 AM   #24
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Well here I am. Clean a full two weeks and working on day 15!!

I don't miss it a bit.
I am still getting the yawns a little bit from time to time but other than that I am sleeping 6-7 hrs per nite and I feel really great.

I am also handling the caffeine much better. I still don't drink as much as before but it doesn't WIG me out like it was doing last week.

No signs of PAWS. I actually find myself dealing with lifes natural anxiety and depresion situations that arise even better NOW. I am feeling more and more NORMAL each day!

I used to think the Hydro and Oxy added performance and maybe at first it did but it soon fell off and I couldn't cope. It was an evil monster like a drug dealer that hands out free samples to get people hooked and then just laughs when one feels like one can't live without the crap. Just another junkie they must think.

MAN I'm gald I got off the Junk.

I'll keep chiming in to keep you all posted.

Keep on Keepin' on.

Thanks again to all.

Mornin' TAT.. I know your smiling right now.
Hugs to REACH..

Peace.
Baja

Old 02-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #25
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

Here's a high five to you!!!

It feels so good not to worry about the pills anymore. I'm on 40 days clean and not looking back!! I do know that this will probably be a life long struggle but each day I'm learning how to handle certain situations that I would normally want to go pop some pills. I still have some bad days but I pick my butt off the ground and haul it with me because I have to keep going.

Here to a bright and pill free future!!

Congrats again!!

Winnie

Old 02-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #26
(female)

logalind HB User
Thumbs up Re: Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

Baja Great Job!!!!

I am getting inspired by reading your posts. You are awesome. Take care.

Love ya,
Lori

Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 AM   #27
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks Loga and Winnie,

I made a full 15 and I'm working on SWEET 16 !!!!!

I really feel totally normal.
No cravings either.
Dealing with the daily stress, anxiety and depression without the help of the JUNK.
Just thinking about sweet 16 makes me happy no matter how bad things are.

No more hiding behind anything.

No need to worry about anything. Worry won't fix anything it just makes life harder to cope. I just push those bad thoughts out of my head and think, I'm CLEAN now!

Just the thought makes me happy.

I feel like I once again have been given another chance at life. Almost like being born again.

I appreciate everyones help here. This is like my meeting away from my meetings.
Almost a home away from home.

Wishing you all a wonderful clean day.

Peace.
Baja

Last edited by Administrator; 06-11-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:09 AM   #28
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Baja, i like the worrying wont help post, tis soooooo true.

That brings to mind a saying, WE ALL GET TO CHOOSE THE ATTITUDE WE WILL HAVE. My wife is very good at reminding me of that, an sometimes i need reminded. Peace and Prayers to all

Last edited by acaptainn; 02-21-2008 at 05:10 AM.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #29
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User

Baja --- I've purposely waited because every day, I swear I look for your daily number first - it's almost like hoping for that magical email in your inbox,y'know.

Friend, I am so inspired by you. I will achieve total sobriety, too and I can't wait to feel like you do, clean and free.

salute!

Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #30
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Everyone and Thanks,

I'm on day 17 now and nothing new except I'm still CLEAN.
Sleep is up and down but not the 2 hrs or less I was getting.
Nothing I can't manage and still function normally on my own.

My tollerance for caffiene is getting better. I'm still limiting it but I don't get wigged out by one DEW now.

Went to the shrink yesterday. I haven't been to see him in some time but I had spent many hours with him while I got sober from the booze. He knows my personality and situation intimately.

We uncovered some things that he said he saw or noticed in my behavior when I visited him previously. He said he didn't think I had any huge problem (and didn't address it at that time) but never the less, it NOW OBVIOUSLY needs addressing and with his help and my Doc he feels I can be on the correct path for the duration of my existance. CLEAN.

Makes me feel better knowing I have help (The Doc's and all you wonderfull people here) and I can live a happy full life with drugs or booze.

I went downhill skiing again last night and had a blast. It was a little cold here (10 degrees F) but I just dress up in layers and keep moving. No Probs. It will be warmer this weekend and I plan on hitting the hills again.

My journey continues and in the correct direction this time.

I really appreciate all the support I get here. This has been a big help, All or you have been wonderfull.

I will continue to post and I plan on quitting the cig smoking the middle March. I will keep you all posted on that success story when I begin that journey. My Doc actually told me not to quit right now so I will wait for his blessing then take that leap. I'll bet that will be a day at the beach in CanCun compared to this walk thru h*ll. :-)

Thanks again all.

Peace.
Baja

Last edited by Administrator; 06-11-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Closed Thread