It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User
Thumbs up Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

Good Morning all.

Baja WAVIN in as usual. Officially one week clean starting day 8.

I am going to start my diary here on this thread. I'll just post here and keep it on top.

Bass, Acapt. You guys keep helping me with your posts too.

Well I feel GREAT today.

I only got about 4 hrs sleep last night. I seem to be in some type of swing cycle with sleep. I got 7+ the night before and the night before that I only got about 4hrs. Every other day I get good sleep. And again today I don't feel as tired as I did yesterday when I got twice the sleep.

Like everything else I'm sure it will level off.

No aches at all.
Very tiny bit of anxiety but I handled it without Meds. Relaxation, Meditation.
My eyes are getting better I can tell. I still get worse at night but I might just be tired.
I feel very productive today.

I am pumped and have no desire to slip.

No sign of PAWS. I'm following instructions to keep them to a min.

I am going to stay away from the caffeine today at least cut to half and see how I do. I think that was what brought on what I thought was anxiety yesterday.

Everyone have a great day and check in with me.

Wavin at REACH, Bass, Acapt, Tat, Jules. Bless you all.

Peace
Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-13-2008 at 04:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

Heya Baja

That momentum is staying strong and productive for you. Good!

The sleep cycle can take a while to get back in balance. Keep rolling with it.

The attitude you are showing is good and good to read about. It is exciting to know we can and are getting better day by day, huh?

As Old bean would say... keep on keepin on.

Hugs
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
(male)

acaptainn HB User

And a hearty good mornin from the Capn, today is day 4 for me i actually slept well last night, i think that only coffe at 7am an none during the day helpd w/that tho i was draggin in the aftrnoon, I took a few laps aroung the warehouse where i work and up an down the stairs to get the blood flowing and the endorphins going.It did help.

Wifey says i kickd her outta bed last night w/ RSL i dint even know it.

Well have a grrrrrrrreeeaaaaaaaaaat day all an i,ll check in laters

Old 02-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User
Arrow Re: Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

Baja Here,

Had an excellent day. Better the yesterday. I actually made it 8 days without the junk.
No cafeine today at all and I was still zinging. Kinda hyper?
Small headache around 3PM but a couple motrin and all gone.
Hope I sleep like baby tonight! I only got 4hrs last nite if I was lucky.
Tonight is my full night sleep cycle from what I have been experiencing so I'm looking forward to hittin' the hay.

I'll check in the morning with the details but so far no probs at all.

How ya doin' Bass??
I hear you Acapt. Peace Out, You the Man..

Peace.
Baja

Wavin at REACH

You too Jules...

Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
(male)

bass11 HB User

Hey baja,
im hanging in there, anyday now I will go to zero, I almost did it today, and went to about 3 pm till taking a dose of 5mgs, didnt even really feel anything, just kinda took the upset stomach away. My anxiety is still rather high in the mornings , but I think most of it is mental. IM only taking 10 mgs a day right now and come friday will take none and get ready for the weekend.
Im definetly going to go to some type of N/A meeting, cause mentaly im really strugling with this. Im still in some moderate pain and keep trying to tell myself I can take theese if I use them for what they are made for , but I know I have to quit and will give it a try this weekend . will let you guys know . probally will be posting alot then . thanks everyone and oh HAPPY VALENTINES DAY BASS

Old 02-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Peeps,

Baja is finishing the front nine today and for the back nine and feelin' Fine.

Momentum. I'm Flying high and not even on dope.
Wow, Funny thing how just plain life can be a high. Just jokeing about that one. That's how life is intended to be.

I felt excellent yesterday.
Had a small headache towards afternoon. Took some asprin and still had it a little.
I remembered I didn't drink any caffeine yesterday and maybe another withdrawal from that?
I drank 1/2 a DEW and the headache was gone in 10 mins.

Sleep was fair. + or - 6hrs. I won't complain. + or - 4hrs and I will whine a bit.

Eyes got a little blurry towards evening.

I have NO other W/D symtoms other than these.

I feel super and I going the whole way..

Thanks for all you support EVERYONE!!

Wavin at Reach, Bass Acpat, Jules, TAT, Harley thanks.

Peace.
Baja

Old 02-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #7
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Bass, the mind/body is going to try to get you to give it more of that stuff.
You,ll be hypersensitive to evrything,heck the 1st few days, i would shiver when i pee,d ,also i couldnt run the shower at full pressure, it just takes some time for the nerves to settle, my pain has begun to lessen as the days pass.

Howdy Baja, its great to see ur doing well.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hello Friends,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines day!

I'm on Day ten today. I don't even miss it (the junk). All the pain I was in that got me into this mess has not really bothered me. I broke me Heal last year (Bad one) and the doc claims I have done some nerve damage beacuse the foot still hurts from time to time.

I went Skiing last night with my family for the first time. I missed all last year because of the injury. My heal never bothered me and WOW no pain meds.

It was just like riding a bike. I never missed a beat. I was into the gate racing before the injury and when my friends saw me back they asked me to join back in but I declined. I don't need another injury right not. If I get hurt I'll have to use the wood stick in the mouth this time for pain. No Narc's for me next time.

I had a blast and may even go again with the kids today.

I feel excellent. Just like I did before I fell down. Makes one wonder why we fall down when it can be so wonderful clean. I guess they call that addiction.

Well I feel I am getting a third chance at life this time for sure. I'm not screwing this up.

My next crutch is the Cig's. I will start that maybe in a month or so. I'm going to follow Doc's orders and smoke for now and when he and I think I'm ready I'll do that jump. Doc just dosen't want me to take on too much at once and fall down again.

That's going to be a piece of cake compare the little walk thru hell. I know I won't have a problem with that one. I have quit many times in the past and stress would always push me back to smokes. Addictive personality I guess.

Well day TEN is here, thank God and everyone here. My friends.

The kids are off school so I'm home all day. Wife can't just take days off, at least if she wants to keep the job.

Wishing everyone a wondefull day.

Let me know how your doing Bass.. You can post me here or start new thread. I'll be here all weekend. I might disappear for a while and go skiing again but I'll be back.

Morning TAT. Hope I made you smile again..

Wavin at Reach, Acapt, Jules, TAT, Harley, MK, Yoss, DroopyEyes, Winnie, Seeking, and else everyone

Peace.
Baja.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #9
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Thinkin of skiingg makes me shiver ! I hates cold weather. But im happy it works for you Baja. Day 6 here in durned thankfull of it.

I too am going to quit smokes, a know some peeps that had great success with Chantix but a few of them they had trouble sleeping. Im not sleeping that great yet so im going to wait a bit on the smokes.

I,ll check in a lil later with Ya,all

Old 02-15-2008, 06:14 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Capt.

I've lived here my whole life. I am used to it. It was only 20 degrees last night which is actually nice and comfy for skiing. Not so warm ya sweat and not so cold ya freeze. We gotta do something here with all this snow so might as well have fun!

I did sleep like a baby last night.
All that skiing wore me out.
Glad to hear from you.

Have a great day.

Peace.
Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-15-2008 at 06:19 AM.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:53 AM   #11
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey all. Mornin!

Baja goes to day 11 clean!!

Feel great and back to normal, Really!
Got about 6-7 hrs sleep. Keeping myself busy physically really helps wear me out and I sleep much better.

I got up this morning and went out for a smoke (It's 3 degrees F outside, OUCH) and I actually smiled, looked up to the sky and said to myself "Hello Life"

I didn't even have to run for the junk first to get that feeling. All inside me now. WOW.

I love the pink clouds.....

No signs of PAWS jules. I'm keeping my eyes on that this time. Thanks again.

I got a busy day today, a bunch of running around to do and maybe some skiing again?

I just gotta say thanks to all of you here. Bass my Bud, your post got me here to I feel I owe you. I prayed and god sent me here.

Things are also moving along with the wife as well as can be expected. It will be a long hard ride but I know that it is the road out not the road in.

Good morning to you TAT. I know your watching.

God Bless all of you

Waving at:
reachout
bass11
acaptainn
Angiejr2
DroopyEyes
Executor
harleybiker24
Jinters
jules3
kate26444
logalind
mk7657
oh-notagain
silentmayhem
Spork Schivago - I'm Praying for you Bud.
tat2duser
Winnie31

And anyone else I couldn't think of.
You have helpped in ways you will never know.

Peace.
Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-16-2008 at 04:55 AM.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #12
(male)

bass11 HB User

Baja,
You have been a great help to me already. I want to follow in your path and in a week I to will be saying 11 days , two weeks, 2 months , ect... Its strong willed people like yourself that get others to follow. Keep it up because I WILL be following.................. BASS

Old 02-17-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hello All.
Working on day 12 !!
Well What Can I say.
I slept like a baby, I feel great!

I feel totally normal. Maybe a few of the Yawns yesterday but that was it.
Productive, and happy thinking happy thoughts.

Just like you all said. It gets better ever day.

Bless you all.

Peace.
Baja

Waving at:
reachout
bass11
acaptainn
Angiejr2
DroopyEyes
Executor
harleybiker24
Jinters
jules3
kate26444
logalind
mk7657
oh-notagain
silentmayhem
tat2duser
Winnie31

Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Heya Baja

Keeping that boat floating, huh? Chuckles.

Wishing you smooth sailing as you work in your recovery.

Hugs
reach

Old 02-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #15
(female)

logalind HB User

Baja thanks so much for the wave. I needed that today I woke up with pure anxiety and was praying for God to Guide me in my recovery and there you are. I am definitely going to a meeting today and I think you might even have given me the courage to go to 2. I need to chase my recovery like I did my drug. I need all your prayers right now. It is really a horrible road we are on, I can deal with the body aches and pains its the anxiety thats kicking my butt. All I have is right now. did you feel tingling in your fingers, I am getting that now its really werid. Thanks again.

Lori

Closed Thread