It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User
Really starting over this time.....

I am tapering off norcos and OMG, I am feeling sooooo icky. I have to work through it as well. Does it really count if you are tapering? I cant sleep AT ALLLLLLLLLLLL. I hate those pillllllssssssss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User
Re: Really starting over this time.....

Welcome startingover.

Tapering lowers your tolerance, which is a good thing. A lot of people use the taper method because CT from 20-30 pill a day habit is almost impossible. If you taper, you spread the pain of detox out so it doesn't kick the s*** out of you.

Take a look at the sample home detox thread started by admin. It will help you prepare for the jump off of your taper, when you're ready.

Good luck and stay strong,

mk

Last edited by mk7657; 02-13-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Starting,
I did a rapid taper off Oxy, Hydro.
I did it in just over two weeks but I took some sick time off.
I thought I was going to die.

Do the reading so you know how your going to feel. Poke around on this board.

It's like you have the flu real bad but it goes away. I'm on day nine clean and feel excellent. Life is actually fun sober. Somehow that gets lost in addiction.

I am on round two. I got sober from the booze 8 years ago then I picked this Hydro, Oxy habit up after a few injuries and like a addict, I ran with it. I should have known.

W/D's are a real bummer but worth it. Better than jail or worse dead..

Peace.
Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-14-2008 at 04:46 AM.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
(female)

Winnie31 HB User

There is no easy way around the withdrawel process! Yes it may be hell for a while but you have to look at it as your body healing itself and getting all the bad out. Sleep??? What sleep?? you don't sleep when withdrawing unless you get something from the doctor. That was the last thing to return and still I have a hard time with it. It was very hard for me to believe that there is a light at the end of this but there is!! You don't see it at first but as you keeping struggling down the road it gets easier and easier and all of a sudden you see a glimpse of what you think may be a little twinkle and there it is what you've longed to see for so long!!!

Stay strong!!!

Winnie

Closed Thread