It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
(male)

bass11 HB User
zero day for bass( the journey begins)

well thought today was as good as any to finally quit , I tapered myself down at a rapid pace of two weeks. Only took 5mgs of oxy yesterday around 5pm, so around 20 hrs so far. my vision is still a little blury, thinking a little foggy, and anxiety at a medium compared to a week ago. My appetite is somewhat starting to comeback I think, but stomach really hurts along with a few aches and pains. I have been able to sleep around 4-5 hours a night the last couple of days, and I have the whole weekend to rest if needed. I beleive the worst part of the W/Ds have past. or I certainly hope so.
Two weeks ago when I made my first initial cut from around 150 mgs of oxy a day to around 40 mgs ,I felt much worse,and for about a week didnt want to do anything. well wish me luck my friends BASS11

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User
Re: zero day for bass( the journey begins)

Way to go Bass!!

You are exactly right. Remember when I went to Zero. Today is day 10.
Everything is sooooo much better and keeps getting better every day.

I went down hill skiing last night, quite a work out!
I slept like a baby last night.

I felt a little crummy for a couple of days after Zero day but I kept thinking of how much better I was going to feel.

I was like you and did quite a big cut at first and MAN it hit me like a ton of bricks. I can say that it has gotten better ever since that first day or two or maybe three of W/D's.

I dropped from 120 to 40 only one dose per day. I would says to myself "only 40 today if I take a dose twice or once no more than 40". I just wanted to be done the the junk and did just the one per day.

I found keeping busy and the hot showers were the best.

Energy will come up if you can eat. I didn't eat anything for maybe 8 days when I was in full blown W/D's. I would try but it would just come back up.

I just kept pushing more food down after a rest and pray.

Lots and Lots of water.

If you hold down some food do your best to get some suppliments in you. Calcium and Magnesium will help those achy bone and muscles along with the shower and some mortin.

Don't worrry about the chilly feeling too. It took a few days for that to go away.

I'm glad to see you have found the road out buddy!!!!

Make sure your belted in and don't even stop for a **** call. The rest of the ride is easy from today compared to what you have been thru already and so worth it.

Trust me!!!

Keep in touch, and I'm sending up some words to the big guy for you.

Peace........

Baja

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hello Bass,

Good for you!! Just want to let you know I think you're doing a great job. You are an inspiration, just remember that. You can do this!!

Hugs,
emsmom

Old 02-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Rock on Bass.... You have already done the hardest thing - and that's STARTING.

Good luck to you and spend lots o time here....we're all here for ya buddy!!

tat*

Old 02-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Bass you GOOOOOOOOOOOOO bud. I really dont think it will be too hard for you as you did a good job on your taper. High 5,s and prayers for ya.

Keep us updated and go ez on caffiene it WILL kick much harder now that its not competing w/the pills.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:03 AM   #6
(male)

bass11 HB User

well,
I made it to 36hrs, I feel a little rough, but not nearly as bad as I did when trying to quit cold turkey........ I did sleep some last night also, but woke up about 3am with a bad stomach ache, went to the bathroom and back to sleep..
I did grab a pill last night broke it in half and thought about taking it but sat it down. I can tell the cravings are going to be hard also for me, especially when these things are just laying in the cabinet. . thanks fellows for all the help and encouragement well keep you posted bass

Old 02-16-2008, 07:27 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Mornin Bass

I know what you mean.

That is why I flushed mine after I went to zero day.

It was like a no turning back decision for me. Actually a relief as I watched that pile of junk flush down the toilet.

I felt it almost immediately.

There was then no temptation because I sure wasn't going to go and get some more. It was all I could do to mantain my sanity let alone get in the truck and go somewhere especially to get more of what got me where I was at that time.

I feel GREAT today. Just like normal. The eyes are fine, they still fade out late a night but not nearly as bad. Just a little, nothing I can't deal with.

Welcome to the road out Bass. Pepermint helps with the upset tummy too.

I'm here with ya Bud.

Peace.
Baja

Old 02-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Hey Bass Buddy.... IMHO - flush those suckers!! They'll drive you mad my friend. The first time I went CT, I still had a bottle of HUNDREDS of Oxys - and for some reason I figured I'd be the tough guy and leave them on top of my comp monitor - I guess to just kinda remind myself that I was strong enough to do it even with a full supply in front of me....and man, all I did day n night was think about them. One day I got smart, however....guess it was around day 7 or 8, and flushed them. Honestly, I slept better from then on. I think one day I evenn heard them talking to me....lol..... "take me...take me...."

Get rid of them pal....it'll be a wise choice.

Keep rockin!

tat*

Old 02-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
(male)

lnhguy HB User

ahh they always did that to me to. come on just one more. i knew even before i quit that i couldn't have them around. sounds like your doing great. keep up the good work it only gets better.nhguy

Old 02-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #10
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Baja, im proud of ya, an thats GREAT advise to get rid of the pills,, im in your corner bud !

Old 02-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Yeah....keeping those pills hangin around is allllmost like having the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other.... "should I take just one? Shouldn't I...."

Bad news.

Flush 'em!!

tat*

Old 02-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #12
(male)

bass11 HB User

well Im at day 3 and still going , you guys are right these pills keep talking to me ,just one more it wont hurt. I also have a bottle of lortabs laying around. the main reason I havent flushed them yet is I just had back surgery 2 months ago and still in some discomfort and a little pain. im afraid I may really need them and wont have any. I still dont want to take them, but you know, what should I do really flush them?
well anyway today was a bit rough for me headache and body aches, with some anxiety in the morning. still dont even feel close to normal, but I have went 3 whole days 60 hrs without any oxy and just saying that makes me feel good. well thanks guys and gals for your support. BASS

Old 02-18-2008, 05:52 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Bass My Bud

If you have made if 60 hrs without any problems you won't have any problems in the next 60 hrs.

I have nerve damage in my left foot from a broken heal last year and I have been down hill skiing without any pain that couldn't be managed by my brain. NOTHING compared to W/D bud. I feel like I could take a gun shot to nads and not need pain meds after that little walk thru H*LL.

Your ridin' my the convoy out with me. It gets soooo much better soooo fast you won't believe it.

I'm proud of Ya. the most painfull part is over for you so just keep thinkin positive and keep busy. I would go out and clean the garage, clean the truck, fold clothes, clean the closet what ever it took to keep my mind off the junk.

I see Ya here on the road out and we ain't leavin no one behind. Just keep on the gas bud.

Peace.

Baja

Old 02-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #14
(male)

bass11 HB User

DAY 4 FOR bASS,
THINGS are greatly improving, today only a little anxiety, and my vision is about 80% better. Man it feels great, just knowing it only gets better is awsome. the cravings today are some what minimal also.
BAJA if it wasnt for you coming off this stuff so fast I beleive I still would be taking it. thanks for all your help. how you feeling today? are you somewhat back to feeling normal yet? anyway let me tell everyone here thanks for all your help, and beleive me If I can do it anyone can........BASS

Old 02-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Sweet!!!

Nice job bass my bud.

I am feelin' excellent. Today was day 13 and I have never felt better. I'm in the pink cloud and I'm going to keep on riding it as long as I can.

I'm high on life.

The only thing I notice is I get the yawns a little bit from time to time.
I got a solid 6 hrs maybe a little more last nite so I felt great all day.

I think it was Yoss that said "Keep on Keepin' on". So thats my motto for this ride out.
We're in a fast movin' convoy Bass. Haulin' our butts out this H*LL hole.

I'm am glad I could be of help to you. You are the guy that brought me here with your first post. Reach said God sends us Angels. Now here you and I are. On the road out.

My vision is back to normal and really I feel total over the W/D's.

BYE BYE forever to that crap. I'm staying on this road from now on.

I can't believe how fast it went. It truly is amazing when one is clean.

I'll chime back in the AM.

Keep it up Bud.

Peace.

Baja

Wavin at Capt. Did you get that flat tire fixed and back on the road bud?

Closed Thread