It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

Alice1212 HB User
Smile tapering?

Hi Everyone, You don't know how helpful this site has been. I was on 4x40 oc a day for over a year , dr. script, bad back. The drug makes me want to smoke cig. I am not a smoker by nature but was up to 1/2 a pack a day. I hated the feeling of not being able to wake up in the morning and my lungs feeling crackly. I was a morning person. My daughter hates my smoking and I hid it for a long time. I lost my love of life even though I am one of the luckiest people and couldn't ask for more . I used to like to get high , within reason, a glass of wine at night, a couple perc's , now I feel nothing, I cant get high, I can't drink with out getting headachs. I just want to be normal again. So, I started tapering down on Jan 24 to 1 x 40 a day , that lasted till the 4th of feb , pain was intence ,went back to 2-3 a day for 6 days , now I have been back to 1 a day for 6 days. I dont smoke and have no desire. When I first cut back to one a day I has sweats, diarea, depression. But I am feeling much better, I know I am not normal on 1 a day but I feel so much better. When I get my script refilled I am going to ask for 20s and try to take one a day for the next month. Do you think I am going to slow? I am feeling so much better. I fight the temptation everyday, I will be glad when the 40's are gone, I do not have the strenght to flush them. I tried ct about 6 months ago, I didnot even know I was addicted and there would be withdrawel till day two, I was so nieve, I thought it was menopause! All the sweating and stuff.
Anyway, it has helped so much to read everyones posts. I am grateful.

Last edited by Alice1212; 02-16-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: more to say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User
Re: tapering?

You're doing great!

Can you ask for percocets instead, making it easier to make smaller cuts for the end of your taper? Jumping from 40 to 20 will be hard. Reach made 10% cuts and made sure to never go back up once making a cut. I guess you could cut pills, but oxy's are awful small.

You still have a lot of work ahead of you...sorry. But stay strong--you can do this!

mk

Last edited by mk7657; 02-16-2008 at 05:32 PM.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:41 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hello Alice.

I did the Rapid taper but slow is also GREAT!
The goal is to be to zero and everyone is different. Take all the time you need just don't slip back.

Cutting the 40 Oxy's down to 5mg pieces was a little tuff but it was nothing compared to the W/D's.

I was not on the 5mg for long. Maybe the fact it was such a difficult task getting the into 5mg pieces that got me down to zero fast. I only had to cut up one 40 and then I went to zero. I didn't even take all the 5's.

Talk to doc, Mine has been the best help to me with what I have been going thru.

I wish you luck on you journey.

Peace.
Baja

Old 02-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

Alice1212 HB User

Thank you for the encouragement , But this is not going as well as I had hoped. My delima is fighting with the pain, do I trade off pain for lack of motivation/ I am self employed and do not get much done when I take them. I asked my husband to help me , by just giving me one a day but he does not want to have controll of them, he thinks I should have the willpower to just take one a day. I can do it as long as I do not hurt, they work too well. AAAAHHHHH ! Frustrating. I want one more.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
(male)

acaptainn HB User

I feel your frustration, with a family member who thinks you should be able to do it alone. Ive been there, they just have no concept of what it is to be us. Goodluck to you, and you found a great place to get advise.( here)

Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
(female)

Alice1212 HB User

Well, they have won this round.

Closed Thread