It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ilovejoaquim HB User
for those who have been to detox before....major question, i need help!

for those who have been away to detox before, i want to know how you prepared to leave home for that time. I'm talking to my doctor about detox if suboxone isn't an option for me. She says about 6 days for the detox program.

I have a full time job and have a 5 year old son. I want the help but I don't know if I can go. First of all, my son has issues when i'm out of his sight. When he was younger I went thru a time of being gone for days and it scarred him, this was when I was 18-19 (I was a young partier) so now my son gets scared as soon and it gets late and i'm not back from work yet. How do I prepare him and myself if have to go to detox? What do I do about my job? I just started this new job last month.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: for those who have been to detox before....major question, i need help!

From what I understand, it just depends on how bad your addiction is, how much you've been taking, how long, & etc. Also, treatment centers work under different philosophies. Some are outpatient while others are in patient. Some advocate cold turkey and medically monitor your wds. Some taper. Some use anesthesiology. Get as much info as you can on the one your Doc is recommending and go from there.

Good luck....Things will work out for you and you'll be for the better! Please report back if you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
(male)

chris6046 HB User

i take suboxone every day and my cravings are rare. and im never sick. try to talk ur doc into getting them. i feel good as **** everyday and am able to do whatever without being high

Old 02-17-2008, 05:47 AM   #4
(male)

tmtabfree HB User

detox is great way to get passed w/d's. You really dont need to take anything but some comfy clothes. I have young children as well that hate when daddy is out of their site. I sat them down and explained that daddy would be gone for a few days but it was a "good" vacation that would help them have daddy home every day. Tell him how you need to do this to be the best mommy you can be. As for the job, tell them you are going out of state for a sick family member. If that is a problem just go to detox anyway!! I had to be honest with myself and realize I prob. wouldnt keep the job long with my addiction anyway. After detox try some AA/NA meetings, they help keep you strong!! Prayers are with you and son and much love....

Old 02-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

detox is the easy part ..are you prepared for what comes afterwards? my kids had horrible seperation anxiety, but they all survibe that...isnt it better in the long run to be the best possible parent you can be? and that would only be if were clean..good luck and dont worry about your son, he will be fine..take care of yourself so that you can take care of him..

Old 02-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

ilovejoaquim HB User

thank you guys for your help, anybody else who has been thru detox who has advice please let me know. I am badly addicted to it. I just realized tomorrow is a holiday and my doctor was suppose to refill my script tomorrow for percoset, i'm all out. I think i'm gonna call out of work tomorrow because i know without my pills, i won't be able to work. My addiction to this drug is that dangerous. I been taking almost 300-350 mgs a day of percoset. My next appointment at the treatment clinic is wednesday and I should know by then when I get to see the suboxone doctor and when I do i'll know if i'm a candidate for it, if my insurance covers it or not and if not, then I'm gonna have to go to detox. I know my insurance covers that.
I have a feeling i'm going to have to quit my job for this. My fiance does not know about my addiction. He's away in Iraq but he calls me everyday. I don't know what i'm going to tell him if I go to detox for a week. Any idea's with an exuse, please help!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
(female)

logalind HB User

Look into a day treatment, you know some places will let you come in during the day and go home at night. Explain your situation while on the suboxone you won't be able to do any of your D.O.C. cuz you'll get really sick. The sub saved my life the 1st time I called my insurance company and get this they don't cover chemical dependency treatments. I freaked so I'm doing the Cold turkey thing and dying over here. Keep me in your prayers and I will keep you in mine. take care and keep us updated.

Lori

Old 02-18-2008, 06:06 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

Fight with your insurance company...their are drug addiction acts out there you need to familiarize yourself with..ask them if they would rather see you in a coma on life support and pay for that instead of suboxone to keep you alive? dont give up, be relentless...I got my sons insurance to cover his sub doctor and sub meds..drug addiction is out there all over the place. its not some dirty little secret like it was years ago...dont give up!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 AM   #9
(male)

JCS HB User

I went to get help for my percocet addiction......and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be ............if you get a good Doctor in there he or she will know just how to take care of you...........my addiction was about 200mg of percocet or vicodin a day

I was in there for 3 days...............when I got out I went thur a out program for 3 weeks ( 3 times a week for 3 hours ) and it worked

My insurance co. paid for the whole thing.......because the the social workers fought very hard for me

As for your son I really don't know what you sould do about that ............but I do know that once you are clean you will be a great mom for him ( not saying that you are not already )

Maybe you can get help from family members for him

Please follow though with your plan to get help

GOOD LUCK

Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
(male)

tmtabfree HB User

I agree with JCS, get a social worker and fight with your insurance to pay for it. As for your fiance, come clean!! Tell him you love him, you are doing this for you, and you will be clean for him when he gets home. The lying is something we do in our addiction, but one important part of being clean and staying that way is to quit lying to cover our addictions. If he loves you enough to propose he loves you enough to stay with you through this, as long as you really give it a go. Prayers and much love....

Old 02-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #11
(male)

jeff363 HB User

I Have Been To Detox Before And I Tell You It Was The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me.i Also Have 2 Kids As Well.it's Never Easy Being Away From Them But You Have To Go So You'll Always Be There For Them In The Future.suboxone Is Another Alternative.what Are You Going To Be Detoxing From Anyway?please Write Back And Let Me Know. Thanks And Good Luck!

Closed Thread