It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
(male)

joe73 HB User
Unhappy New guy on here!

I hit my rock bottom the other day and damn lucky I'm not in jail for helping myself to a handful of a friends pain meds for which his wife was angry about and my wife was hurt by my actions. I had addiction problems back in the early 80's but the pain med thing is my problem this time. I gave my wife my bottle for my refill for vicodin which was thrown out. I do have cravings but I'm going to go to a group meeting this Wednesday. Wish all of you luck with whatever you are going through. Keep me in your prayers!

Joe

Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: New guy on here!

Hi Joe,
There's nothing like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar for a good wake up call. Your addiction is no longer a secret now and with your wife watching over you, I'm sure you will kick this thing. If you are going through withdrawal, check out the sticky at the beginning of the board for home detox. I stopped cold turkey because I ran out and didn't have access to more. I didn't even realize that what I was experiencing was withdrawal. Went to the doctor thinking I had an infection or something because I kept running a low grade fever and felt like crap. I was functional, went to work everyday, but it was not easy. I didn't find this site until my physical withdrawals were over but the mental withdrawal was a real tough one for me. Hang in there and come to the boards often, there are a lot of wonderful people here to help you get through all this.
Best wishes,
JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Joe,
Welcome.

Do a little reading on this board. Even do a searh on the net about the withdrawals you MAY have. Everyone is different so yours will vary but at least you will know what is happening to you. Knowing is half the battle. Getting clean is the goal so do what it takes.

Read some of my posts if you get time.
My D.O.C. was mainly Hydro but upgraded to Oxy for a short period of time before I found myself out of control and headed down the road to hell.

I'm on 13 days clean today and feel wonderfull. Is was not a fun ride for me but looking back now it was worth every second of the suffering. I don't ever want to go thru this again.

I'm Skeeered of the JUNK big time. RESPECT!!!

Peace.
Baja

Old 02-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
(male)

joe73 HB User

Thank you for your helpful insights!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
(male)

joe73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny0 View Post
Hi Joe,
There's nothing like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar for a good wake up call. Your addiction is no longer a secret now and with your wife watching over you, I'm sure you will kick this thing. If you are going through withdrawal, check out the sticky at the beginning of the board for home detox. I stopped cold turkey because I ran out and didn't have access to more. I didn't even realize that what I was experiencing was withdrawal. Went to the doctor thinking I had an infection or something because I kept running a low grade fever and felt like crap. I was functional, went to work everyday, but it was not easy. I didn't find this site until my physical withdrawals were over but the mental withdrawal was a real tough one for me. Hang in there and come to the boards often, there are a lot of wonderful people here to help you get through all this.
Best wishes,
JB
What is the sticky?

Old 02-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

When you open the Addiction & Recovery Board, look at the very top. It is the 2nd one down and says "sticky - Sample Home Detox Plan". I don't know why they say "sticky" LOL

Closed Thread