It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User
Michelle & G8TRGRL

Hey ladies,
I wrote a long post but i guess it got removed? Not sure why, but i wanted to write real quick so yall knew i was back on.
Maybe you got it already and THEN it was removed? Not sure where to update you from so let me know how your doing and what's new.
Talk soon and miss yall.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User
Re: Michelle & G8TRGRL

Hey Girly Girl !!!!

Good to hear from you. I didnt see your other post?! I was wondering when you'd get on here again...LOL SOOOOOOOOO glad you're back.
so lets see.... how's you? how's the baby? how are your visits with the phych doctor going? i hope everything is going well for you. that girl who wrote before is typical of one who has no understanding of addiction. dont pay her any mind at all, ok?
you never told me... when is your due date?

talk soon,

With many Blessings and Prayers !!!!!!

auntie michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

So glad to see you back on here!! I have successfully went to 2mgs a day.. no more, no less. And I couldn't even tell this time! So I think next week I'm going to try 1.5. I think I'm ready to get this done. Ya know? I mean, I hardly think about it now. It's like pills isn't a part of my life anymore. It's true when they say you come on this board a lot when you first need it, then you eventually start to taper off of it too.. lol

Hop this finds all three of you doing well!!

Talk soon,
g8trgrl

Old 04-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

Hey Strangers!
I've been soooo bad about keeping in touch. But been so busy with moving to a new condo and not feeling well. What else is new? this dang pregnancy is kicking my hiney! But i'm getting excited/nervous now that time is movin' forward. To answer your question Michelle: I'm due July 20th......probably the hottest day of summer . Isabella is doing well. Kicking and doing tumbles alot which doesn't help mommys nausea. But it's just AMAZING and MIRACULOUS to me to feel her and see my tummy move and pop in places. What a blessing!
I saw the psychiatrist today and got reassurance that my paranoia of my baby being taken away is unnecessary. He said i shouldn't worry, that i'm doing the right thing and seeking help so to put that thought out of my mind. I left there feeling such a weight lifted off me because the past few days the thought has entered my head and made me anxious.
I'm on about 4mg right now. Dropping tomorrow to 3.5mg. It's hard though to figure out the exact mg. i'm even taking because i'm breaking up a 8mg tablet, but it's got to be around that amount. I feel terrible because my Moms insurance changed and she used to have her Sub. covered, now it's not and it cost her $180 for a 2 wk supply (since she shares w/me it only lasts her 2 wks). That's another reason why i'm in a hurry to drop mgs. so that i'm not taking hardly any so it won't cost her.....but as the dr. said i can't do it too fast or the baby herself will experience w/d.
So how are yall doing? I think of you guys often and hope you come on to even read this as i see you both haven't been on as often either. There is a whole new group of people i don't recognize!
So my hubby and i moved into a 3/3 condo to have room for baby and we love it! PLUS...because of the economical low in florida we're paying $150 LESS then we were at the previous place! Good time to buy/rent in florida because prices are so low. But we have crappy credit so renting is all we can do right now. But it's so nice here....the only downside is there is stairs (its a townhouse) and my lazy legs aren't used to carrying my pregnant self up them! It's exhausting! I'm paging my hubby phone intercom everytime he goes down saying "bring me this or that"
I actually really love the way i'm looking (for the FIRST time in my life i'm not feeling fat) because i'm really just baby belly. From being sick i've kept my weight gain down (which is fine cuz i was a little overweight to begin with) and i like the way i look ....which, like i said, is a refreshing change from constantly picking at myself. I do have bumps and red dots on my face and legs (pregnancy) which i get frustrated at times with, but i'm still thankful that i'm not disgustingly huge and nasty....yet
Well, i wrote too much again so i'm off to eat some fruit and yogurt YUM!
Love yall and hope you get this soon! J

Old 04-27-2008, 06:08 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Hey J!! Good to hear that things are looking up for you and that you can put some worries behind you. I remember what it's like to be proceded by your belly.. it goes everywhere first! LOL The day you posted, 4/25, was my oldest son's 8th birthday. Time just goes by so fast. So if there's one piece of advice I can give you, it's to cherish every moment that you have with your little one. Even the waking up at 3am! Because she will be having her first b-day before you know it. Anyway, just from your writing I can tell that even though you're sicky sometimes you're doing a lot better.

I know what you mean about the economy being so bad in Fl.. I need to refinance my house, and no one really wants to do it! I'm ready for it to get better..

I'm hanging in there with a crumb.. lol I've decided I'm only going to take it when I start to feel bad.. see if I can space my doses out a little more. It was so good to hear from you! Try to let us know how you're doing in your pregnancy..

Michelle.. where you at, girl?? Let us know how you're doing!!

With love,
Brandi

Old 04-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

Hey - its great to hear you girls are all doing so well! And you all seem so happy too

inspiring - and a pleasing post to read.

keep up the good work - you're all amazing

yoss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 04-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Hey Girls !! and Guy !

Good to see you all. brandi, you are doing so good !! yay !! im so happy to hear that you are near the end. i liken myself to you and j..... and i know there is hope for me too. im still at 4. not trying to do anything about it. its really like such an afterthought in my life right now. i just pop 4 and go out the door and go about my life. which is busy. always so busy. im starting rehab on my back (again) because i really want to start running again. i really miss that high. im not able to do it too much right now b/c it compresses my spine and that pinches a nerve and hurts a whole lot so ive been teaching my spinning classes and doing the elyptical for cardio exercise. but its nothing close to the high i used to get from running. when i finally quit heroin, running was the only thing that saved my a$$ from relapsing. when i hurt my back last may was when i had to stop. and i relapsed and im still on sub. i think maybe running will save my happy butt again. LOL
j - i cant tell you how glad i am to get a happy email from you. you sound good. im so glad you went to see the shrink. i know that hearing that news gave you so much comfort. and it shows. and im really glad to hear that you are happy with you. that is soooo important when it comes to recovery. and you are living in recovery right now (because you DO know that taking sub and weening off is recovery and not active abuse, right?) and you are going to have a beautiful baby and you and hubby have a new beautiful place to bring that child home too....
im so happy for you. please keep in touch as you get closer to delivery. as you can see, im not on here much anymore. the weather is getting nicer, im staying busy, and everything is not as critical as it used to be in my life, so thats all good, right?
yoss, how's recovery treatin ya? how long has it been now? you gotta know im so frikken proud of you too, right? you know and i know how tough that big bad h bomb is to kick. AND YOU DID IT. AND YOU'RE HERE, AND YOU'RE HELPING OTHERS. i love it.

talk soon guys. please please keep in touch.

BIG HUG !!!

AUNTIE michelle

Old 05-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Well, now that it's down to the nitty gritty... I'm getting scared. I'm about to make a new post.. to tell you all about it.. Just wanted to tell Michelle that I'm proud of you and I know what you mean about going on in life. I'm proud of you for that. I was the same way. Best of luck guys.. read my new post!!

g8trgrl

Closed Thread