It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Is Provigil addictive

I don't normally post over here although I am a recovering addict and I also have chronic pain so I am usually on that board. I do take pain meds(fentanyl patch/Percocet/Lyrica) although they were never my drug of choice, Itake them as prescribed, and have never abused them. My d.o.c was "crack-cocaine" but here is my problem. I have A LOT of fatigue, tiredness, problems being alert while being on these pain meds. I have to constantly try to counteract the effects by drinking tons of coffee which I hate doing, I really don't like the taste of coffee. I have even thought of taking caffein pills in order to just get the caffeine without all the sugar. So I have been thinking about alternatives. Obviously not going back to crack. The only other half-way decent option is a drug called Provigil. I would like to know if anyone on this board currently takes it or if anyone has tried it? I also want to know if this drug would set of my addiction?

brian

Old 04-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Is Provigil addictive

Hi Brian

Gee, I don't know the answer at all. I really don't know much about the drug except that it is some sort of stimulant type? I know how tiring the opiate pain relievers can be. They eventually left me in pretty much of an exhausted fog after long use and made it so hard to function.

I would talk to the doctor about it and let him help you make the call.

Good wishes
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread