It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

Lindsabins HB User
Unhappy Day 5 so hard

So today is day 5 for me off percs and boy is it a bad day. I was going perttygood up until today. The anxiety, depression, and cravings are hitting so hard. I am trying to stay busy but the pills are always in the front of my mind. Anyone have any ideas how long this part if the w/d will last? Thank you all, Linn

Old 04-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Re: Day 5 so hard

Hey --Thanks for your response to me on the other thread. Hang in there. This is the tough first step. The physical part is sooooo tought o get through IF you have the ability to GET MORE. Try and cut that off if you can. I KNOW that I would have never made it through a COLD TURKEY WD's if I had the means to get any or HAD any. You are making the right choice. The pills will talk to you a whole bunch in the next month, but you cant give in. Its such an easy way, why not take the different path this time. Remember you WILL ALWAYS end up like you were 5 days ago. NO matter what you think or say, : just one pill, I will only do it every other night, I will only do it for a week" all the excuses end up right back in the hole. The only sure thing you will be satisfied by is sobriety. It keeps giving back and back. Each day is sunny even if the clouds are out.

D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

meddguy,good reply. hits home.
Lindsabins, it's only gonna get better.The worst is behind you if you are day 5 clean. Dont give in.I know it's waaaaay easier said than done but be strong,it feels sooo good afterwards just because of the tremendous effort to get to where you are right now. You know you dont want to go thru the bad stuff again.
Day 5 is BIG!!!!!
Remeber,tomorrow is Day 6!!! That is so huge!
Meddguy,I actually was going thru my worst withdrawls on top of having the flu at the same time 104 fever,can you imagine withdrawing on top of that..*lol*
I had some methadone, woulda straightened me RIGHT out...haha and I went outside and threw them in my wood boiler...and you know what kinda druggie I am...I couldnt believe it after I did it and i couldnt reach in there and pull them out...

I am getting soooo far off track here.Lindsabins,I popped in here to congratulate you on DAY 5. Believe when I know what a bad day it can be for you but please look at the good,day 5 is so hard to get to,the worst part is pretty much over and tomorrow is DAY 6.
Keep coming back.Like Meddguy said,hang in there.It only gets better!

peace.
jerry.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
(male)

TKYMAN HB User

HANG IN THERE CHAMP! I am on DAY 11. I think you will start to see a difference around day 7 -9. Fortunately the first 5 are the worst for the PHYSICAL part. I have never relapsed because this is the only time I had ever used for 1.5 years(under Dr. Prescription for back pain that's now better).

I decided to quit b/c I had gotten to the point where I had to take them to feel normal. I would wake up in the morning and it felt as though my stomach had an empty pit in it or that my intestines were stretching (not a real pain, but weird feeling). That was my cue that it was TIME TO QUIT, for me and my family. I told everyone in my family & Doctor, EVERYTHING and was welcomed with loving arms and encouragement.

It is funny,,, on day 6, I went to McDonald's to buy everyone in our group (I was attending a 12 person workshop where I work) breakfast (on the company of course) and as I walked out to my truck and drove the 4 miles, and the trip back, I actually felt AWESOME, just like my old self. It lasted about 30 min to an hour. It was almost like God showing me what it would soon be like when I'm over all of this. From time to time, I have those GREAT moments, but from day about 5 to 11 (current), I have had these short bursts of great feeling, like before the Lortabs, only to be in a very blue state 2 hours later.

From day 6 thru 11 the greatest problem I have experienced was:
1- Still not having my energy back (although day 11 is better than 7)
2- Anxiety / Depression (STINKIN THINKIN) This one CAN BE THE WORST
3- Weird pressure in chest like something is pushing on my sternum (comes & goes)

Closed Thread