It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

river525 HB User
How does it work? Al-Anon?

I am married to an alcoholic who refuses to admit he has a problem much less get help or stop drinking as he says it is just beer and/or he can handle it.

I've been seeing a therapist to just vent about all this and help make me stronger, less of a "co-dependant". He has suggested I check out Al-Anon so I can see first hand I'm not the only one in the world dealing with all "these issues". I'm open to going to a meeting to check it out BUT when I go to their website (they have a local website for our area) most of the meetings are marked closed/private and there are just a couple that allow new people. Besides my fear of walking into a roomful of strangers and speaking in public - I definitely don't want to just show up and be told I'm in the wrong place, etc.

Can someone sorta give me a perspective on how a meeting goes for a newcomer? I'd really appreciate it so I will know what to expect. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread