It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
(male)

lexusjohnny HB User
Day 2 w/o vicodens or percs......i hope the worst has pasted!!

i have been toying with the idea of stopping the pills for quite some time now, well i ran out on Saturday and i havent called my neuro. between feeling like a criminal when i call and then the whole anxiety of getting close to running out, i am so tired of the drama involved with this crap. so far i have been very tired and yesterday i spent half the day in the bathroom. today is not bad, is it possible that the worst of the WD's are over?? i was taking between 8 and 12 vicoden ES / day for the last 10 months, percocet on and off depending on what the doctor prescribed (if i pretended i was in alot of pain) I really am in pain, i have sharp pains in my left foot and i have no clue why, my neuro says there is nothing wrong based on the MRI. I probably could use some pain relief, but i know how that story ends. anyways thanx for listening.

JL

Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User
Re: Day 2 w/o vicodens or percs......i hope the worst has pasted!!

I took my last 3 and a half 10 mg vicodins this morning and that is it for me.I have been on them for the last 7 months.When is the W/D going to set in?Is there anything over the counter that will help and what stuff helps the best.I have no insurance .When is the worst going to hit?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
(male)

lexusjohnny HB User

My W/D's started about 24 hours after my last pills.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #4
(female)

NewErin HB User

Well let me say congratulations first off because not calling is the first part of staying off of the pills. Secondly, I want to let you know how my w/d's have gone in the past.....usually the first day is full of anxiety.....then the 2nd day your nose runs and eyes water and your legs kick a little at night....then by the 3rd day you are in full blown withdrawls.....sweaty, achy, stomach cramps, leg cramps, high blood pressure and it will be hard to sleep....but then the 4th day it is more like the 2nd day and you feel very very very little better.......then the 5th day comes and it is more like the 1st day...lots of anxiety feelings of "am I over it" " are the w/ds over" then the real cravings will set in that is when you need to reach out to family or friends and let them know what you have done so they can encourage you to continue on your path. I wish you luck...if it doesn't work and you fall back don't get down on yourself....ask your doctor about a med called Suboxone....I have been on it for a little over a year and I swear by it.....its better then methadone and you can receive it in the privacy of your own doctors office. Do some research on it I would recommend it to anyone. .... good luck again.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #5
(male)

lexusjohnny HB User

Not to be nosey, but isnt a year on any med (to come off another) a little long? can you get addicted to the Suboxone?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
(female)

NewErin HB User

No your not being nosey.....yeah it is a little long but I was also on vicodin and coke and heroin for about two years not under a year....it just took me longer to get out the situation and to move and to get a handle on my life. I think that most doctors try to get their patients off of suboxone in like a month.....It just takes different people longer...and no suboxone is not addictive....that is why it is so great it just gets you away from the opiads and on the track to recovery.

Last edited by NewErin; 04-21-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #7
(male)

lexusjohnny HB User

i am willing to try that but i dont know how my doctor is going to take it. should i talk to my primary or the neuro who has been prescribing me the vics???

Old 04-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewErin View Post
...and no suboxone is not addictive....that is why it is so great it just gets you away from the opiads and on the track to recovery.
I do not believe that to be true-I've been doing a lot of research on it lately

Old 04-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Eyesworld...as in eyes OF THE world???

wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world....sometimes we live no particular way but our own...

Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

*laughing and clapping***
Hi!
We (my 12 yr old daughter,Althea,and myself...really!*lol*) just got some tix to go see Phil down in Boston in June.
so now you know where my name came from...hahaha
btw,we went to Mohegan Sun (Phil Lesh and Friends) down by you last fall...had a great time... Is a bit of a ride as we live in central Maine but we still go see some shows a couple times a year.
Is funny...Althea is 12, and of course into the newer pop whatever it is on the radio w/ her friends...but she's been to 18,20? shows and would never ever let me go and not take her...It took her a couple, but then after the 3rd or 4th one, I look over and catch her totally groovin' to some smokin' hot licks hahaha she never knew what hit her and hasnt been the same kid since...
gotta run,supposed to be workin' haha

funny,gotta throw this in...while I was talkin to you somebody just called me w/ some oxys...pretty much my drug of choice, these days, anyhow...
coulndt believe it when I said I was all set....just erased the number w/out looking at it...God it can get scary sometimes...probably going to take a bit b4 bad folks leave me alone.

anyhow,gotta run. Nice to meetcha, and hey, peace!

God bless.
jerry.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #11
(male)

lexusjohnny HB User

Mohegan Sun is awesome, i was just there a few weeks ago for a Tire Convention. We have been to a ton of shows there, great venue.

4 days without pills......not bad WD's i must say. staying busy to avoid thinking about them. I have had pretty bad pain in my foot and leg and feel like my brain is trying to "fool" me into getting more pills. nice try mr. Brain!!

it is nice to know i have friends here from the northeast. maybe we could meet for coffee or dinner sometime?

Closed Thread