It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

parapluie HB User
About to jump off..

Hi everyone. I posted here a little while ago when I was down to 3 or 4 percocets per day. I'm now down to 1/4 of a pill every 6 hours, so just one pill per day total. I realize that this is basically nothing (heck it's half of what I was taking every 4 hours about a month or two ago) but it seems like by the time that 6 hours is up, I "need" to take something. I'm wondering if this is just psychological. I did a really slow taper down to avoid withdrawal (I quit cold turkey once and it was horrible) but I realize that there has to come a point where I stop taking it.

I'm trying to decide whether I should stop taking it at this amount every day or if I should keep stretching out the time (so next it would be 1/4 of a pill every 8 hours, then every 10, etc.). I just don't want to feel like crap if I stop but maybe that's unavoidable. How did you guys do it? So many times I've taken my dose and thought about how pointless it seemed to take such a small dose. I've almost just stopped taking it many times but the fear of being in pain and feeling the withdrawal have stopped me.

Any advice would be great.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: About to jump off..

hey well done. thats a hell of a way to come! i suppose its horses for courses - try and jump off if you feel you are ready. if it begins to hurt then you can always move on with the next step of your taper. its down to how YOU feel at the end of the day. Either way -you're well on the road to recovery. great news.

keep us posted

take care

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
(male)

Razumikhin HB User
Re: About to jump off..

Hi Parapluie,

I'm at almost exactly the same point in my taper, from the same level, and am having serious anxiety. It's been about 24 days since I started. I think the mental part at this point is the hardest thing - if you can get past that (and you WILL), you've won a major battle. But I think Yoss is right. You need to decide if the time is right for you.

BTW, I love your nickname! Je suis francophile...

Best wishes,

Raz

Closed Thread